+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midfield today

Midfield today

So who do we have available? Hewitt is probably injured, Davies suspended, Milsom maybe unable to start for contractual reasons, which leaves us with Vaughan (taken off at half time) and Thomas from the Macc starting eleven. Kellett will surely start with Thomas, but who else do we have? I'd rather risk a couple youngsters like Crawford and Osborne than start Vaughan again, the only other option is someone like Brisley in the middle which hasn't worked so far. I don't envy Ardley having to try and pick a competitive midfield from the available options. Any better ideas?

I've been wanting to see Osbourne for ages. He deserves a chance. Also what happened to Howes?!

Crawford and Patching for me. We just need some energy and enthusiasm in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So who do we have available? Hewitt is probably injured, Davies suspended, Milsom maybe unable to start for contractual reasons, which leaves us with Vaughan (taken off at half time) and Thomas from the Macc starting eleven. Kellett will surely start with Thomas, but who else do we have? I'd rather risk a couple youngsters like Crawford and Osborne than start Vaughan again, the only other option is someone like Brisley in the middle which hasn't worked so far. I don't envy Ardley having to try and pick a competitive midfield from the available options. Any better ideas?
    What a mess we are!

Hawkridge?

Surely Kellett must play.

I think it may be

Hawkridge, Vaughan, Kellett, Thomas

Masson, Carlin, Mann or Busby.👍👌

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    What a mess we are!

Hawkridge?

Surely Kellett must play.

I think it may be

Hawkridge, Vaughan, Kellett, Thomas
    Must admit I'd forgotten Hawkridge. It seems any option we have is a either a weak one or a gamble on an untried youngster.

Anything other than a defeat this afternoon will be a pleasant surprise.

Hawk, Crawford, Vaughan, Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Hawk, Crawford, Vaughan, Thomas
    Crawford is an untried kid, Vaughan's so knackered he can barely run - let alone pass, Hawkridge will be one of the first to be shot out of the January cannon and not one of them can tackle worth a **** !!!!

Nah bring on the wheelie bins I tells yuh...

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Crawford is an untried kid, Vaughan's so knackered he can barely run - let alone pass, Hawkridge will be one of the first to be shot out of the January cannon and not one of them can tackle worth a **** !!!!

Nah bring on the wheelie bins I tells yuh...
    I’ve wheelie bin giving this some thought but can’t come up with a midfield that would be competitive.

I think we’d still lose if we played 4-5-2.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I've been wanting to see Osbourne for ages. He deserves a chance. Also what happened to Howes?!

Crawford and Patching for me. We just need some energy and enthusiasm in there.
    What I've seen of Patching so far, I would definitely not use energy or enthusiasm to describe him.

3-5-2 might be an option, perhaps with Crawford, Husin and Kellett with Ozzy and Thomas out wide. I believe NA will stick to 4-4-2 though so goodness only knows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast