+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drewe Broughton - remember him? Interesting article in Sunday's Observer

Drewe Broughton - remember him? Interesting article in Sunday's Observer

Drewe was considered by some to be a highly talented footballer, but failed to realise his potential. In this interesting article he explains why, and how he is helping young players to overcome the mental hurdles they face.

https://tinyurl.com/y9ekt5yd

Yes I read that, great to hear he’s helping others. I liked him as a player too.

Wow! That's deep...and what life he has lead.

At least he his putting personal experience to good use with younger players feeling the pressure.

An interesting read and that phrase emotional intelligence crops up again. Hopefully makes some fans think twice about standing on the sidelines and shouting abuse at young players having a bad game, but somehow I doubt it will

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    An interesting read and that phrase emotional intelligence crops up again. Hopefully makes some fans think twice about standing on the sidelines and shouting abuse at young players having a bad game, but somehow I doubt it will
    Shad up tosser....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Shad up tosser....
    Now now Brin don’t turn into 4 Chelsea fans

Drewe Broughton after scoring the Millers third goal in our 4-2 victory over Leeds U. at Don Valley (Football League Trophy game). Broadcast on tv, but unable to find find any YouTube footage.Name:  drewe.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  36.3 KB

and this is why the approach that Warne is taking is so important and beneficial. So far this season i have seen players emerge (and some are emerging) from not good enough for this league or out of their depth - to, can hold their own and in some cases, excelling. There are some who still describe him as being too nice to succeed, not understanding that this is exactly the leadership style needed for a team of underdogs.
    Hail P Warne

was it got Keane (or another top class footballer) said sports is 80 per cent in your mind 20 per cent talent

Grimsby town used to have a sports physiologist. he said there was a striker they had who every time he stepped out into the pitch the goal got as small as a postage stamp.

Grimsby sold him for a big profit and he did nothing at his new club ( this is 10 years ago our more.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post

Grimsby town used to have a sports physiologist. he said there was a striker they had who every time he stepped out into the pitch the goal got as small as a postage stamp.

Grimsby sold him for a big profit and he did nothing at his new club ( this is 10 years ago our more.
    Sounds like somebody George Kerr signed for the Millers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast