+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends with the Enemy

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    My mum is from Barrhead, good to know there's Dandies kicking about that place.
    There are about 5 still there, I left many moons ago.

My father is getting on and not so good health wise, with this, took him to a box for the semi and lo and behold there was a Banff loon that moved to Barrhead about the same time(early 60’s) sitting just below us.......by f uck were we smiling/reminiscing at the end and it rekindled a friendship that I’m chuffed about.......for the final, sitting along from myself was the sweetest left peg that played for us, I’ve met John previously and told him/his loon how my dad criticised him every game, as many dandies have done with Billy Stark,Bobby Connor, Gordon Strachan(initially) etc. be rude not to introduce them at 1/2 time.....John and his family were an absolute credit and my dad was lost for words after denying he never slagged him(blouse!).......anyway, memories and some laughs were had.

SF

BTW, how old is your mum?.......only joking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    There are about 5 still there, I left many moons ago.

My father is getting on and not so good health wise, with this, took him to a box for the semi and lo and behold there was a Banff loon that moved to Barrhead about the same time(early 60’s) sitting just below us.......by f uck were we smiling/reminiscing at the end and it rekindled a friendship that I’m chuffed about.......for the final, sitting along from myself was the sweetest left peg that played for us, I’ve met John previously and told him/his loon how my dad criticised him every game, as many dandies have done with Billy Stark,Bobby Connor, Gordon Strachan(initially) etc. be rude not to introduce them at 1/2 time.....John and his family were an absolute credit and my dad was lost for words after denying he never slagged him(blouse!).......anyway, memories and some laughs were had.

SF
    Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    BTW, how old is your mum?.......only joking!!
    There's me thinking you were asking out of interest, maybe to see if there was a chance you went to school together. You had to add the "only joking" bitty didn't you...

There's Huns I'd rather be friends with than some Aberdeen fans. Not many but some.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Good stuff!

There's me thinking you were asking out of interest, maybe to see if there was a chance you went to school together. You had to add the "only joking" bitty didn't you...
    FFS.........chill, half the chaps on here go on about rules etc with any mention of a female!, with this, it was only banter.......if indeed your mum went to Barrhead high circa 1975-1980 there is a good chance myself or my sister(no rules prior to asking for those that normally do!!)would know her.....or perhaps she went to St Luke’s, either way......

SF

Not many hun friends for me apart from one current aberdeen season ticket holder who gets the total hump any time I suggest I remember a photo of him in a hun top when he was younger. He's in denial but at least he has seen the light I suppose.

Could have been different, my mum was telling me that when we were younger my dad wanted us raised protestant (he was a hun fan and Mason) mum said that's fine as long as you take them to church. Think the lazy old git took us once then could never be arsed.

So it was the good Catholic life for us
    (proud atheist now).

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    There's Huns I'd rather be friends with than some Aberdeen fans. Not many but some.
    I’ve been going to the games with a guy for 20 years who hates Aberdonian Aberdeen fans

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    my dad wanted us raised protestant (he was a hun fan and Mason)

Dum dum daaaah

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’ve been going to the games with a guy for 20 years who hates Aberdonian Aberdeen fans
    Dad? I thought you were dead

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Dad? I thought you were dead
    I’m up here, sitting on a cloud & having a beer with Simmie

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m up here, sitting on a cloud & having a beer with Simmie
    Oh no, not Simmie too. Cooper leaving us was bad enough.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast