+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what has happened to Tootle?

So what has happened to Tootle?

Thought he had a niggling injury but seems to have gone awol. Ardley saying "we have no Right-back" and yet last season he was the the best RB in L2. Also, thought that Ox came to us as a RB, Anyone better informed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    Thought he had a niggling injury but seems to have gone awol. Ardley saying "we have no Right-back" and yet last season he was the the best RB in L2.
    I don't see him in the 2017/18 League Two team of the year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43796456

He's always in the news for overcoming endless personal problems, but could you trust him in the side these days? Presumably NA doesn't.

Oh, and Ox has a brother at Liverpool, that may help explain things.

I don't think Tootle has a future here he will be gone by the end of the season.

Football is a cut throat business and he is a decent league two right back but his lack of games will mean its the end for him from a business point of view.

plagued by injuries this season?

Went off for the under 23s was it last week or week before?

Hope he gets fit and going again. He's been an absolute star for us on and off the pitch.

Before i came over for the Cheltanham Town game (My first game ever) i messaged him on twitter and said i was coming all the way from Belfast and was hoping to see a good celebration from him. I suggested a star jump.

Don't know if anybody remembers now but when the first goal went in he came from the far side of the pitch and did a massive leaping star jump when he reached the rest of the players.

You can't ask more than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I don't see him in the 2017/18 League Two team of the year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43796456

He's always in the news for overcoming endless personal problems, but could you trust him in the side these days? Presumably NA doesn't.

Oh, and Ox has a brother at Liverpool, that may help explain things.

'He's always in the news for overcoming endless personal problems'

Always ... endless?

Well, once!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBalrog View Post
    plagued by injuries this season?

Went off for the under 23s was it last week or week before?

Hope he gets fit and going again. He's been an absolute star for us on and off the pitch.

Before i came over for the Cheltanham Town game (My first game ever) i messaged him on twitter and said i was coming all the way from Belfast and was hoping to see a good celebration from him. I suggested a star jump.

Don't know if anybody remembers now but when the first goal went in he came from the far side of the pitch and did a massive leaping star jump when he reached the rest of the players.

You can't ask more than that!
    I didn't use the word plagued but he has missed a fair chunk of games this season and as harsh as it sounds you cannot carry players at league two level (Although we seem to do this as a hobby!)

Off the pitch he might be a top bloke but that's not how management will look into it & it is the same in any normal workplace you have too much time off you are gone.

Hopefully he returns sharpish as he is clearly one of the better players and the only right back on the books.

That's good then can't stay on the pitch to help is team mates. but can do a star jump and visit hospitals.

I've said this in other threads but Tootle is finished now. You have to forget about him. He'll probably be gone in Jan. He's had too many personal problems and his 'comeback' game against Bury was absolutely dreadful.

Wouldn't be surprised if he dropped down a league or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I've said this in other threads but Tootle is finished now. You have to forget about him. He'll probably be gone in Jan. He's had too many personal problems and his 'comeback' game against Bury was absolutely dreadful.

Together with most of the other deadbeats...

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post

He’s definitely been a shadow of his former self this season - very poor defensively and offered nothing offensively. He’s scored some decent goals in the past, but I only remember one effort all season (when he missed a sitter with a header). Really hope he can come back, but he’s looked subpar all season. That is one problem we couldn’t have foreseen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast