+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what has happened to Tootle?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    'He's always in the news for overcoming endless personal problems'

Always ... endless?

Well, once!
    Well twice, there was his original "mental health" situation that he spoke about and then this season his gambling addiction.

Either way, he got injured and was coming back to fitness and picked up another injury or aggravated the one he was recovering from in an U23 game the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if he dropped down a league or 2.
    Blimey.. he’s at the right club then

He has had a foot injury which isn’t healing well.
    Makes a comeback then breaks down again..
    Real shame

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Well twice, there was his original "mental health" situation that he spoke about and then this season his gambling addiction.

Either way, he got injured and was coming back to fitness and picked up another injury or aggravated the one he was recovering from in an U23 game the other week.
    Did we get this **** with Bill Brindley?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Did we get this **** with Bill Brindley?
    No because Bill was a medders lad and we just get on with it(life that is) and make the best of it we can...

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    He has had a foot injury which isn’t healing well.
    Makes a comeback then breaks down again..
    Real shame
    Exactly. He's been really unlucky with injury. It's a shame that some people use his personal problems as a stick to beat him with when he's physically injured, by I guess that was always going to happen.

When on form Tootle is a very good full back for this level as we saw last season.
    His mental health issues have been well documented and I think he has suffered more than most after the sacking of Nolan. Nolan understood him and knew how to get the best out of him and we haven't seen that since. That isn't to knock Kewell but how people handle mental health quite often depends on their experience of it.

Whilst I agree Nolan and Tootle were probably on great terms with eachother, Tootle started the season just as badly as everyone else did with Nolan here and hasn't really gone up or down since imo

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Whilst I agree Nolan and Tootle were probably on great terms with eachother, Tootle started the season just as badly as everyone else did with Nolan here and hasn't really gone up or down since imo
    He went from having Hawkridge or Allessandra in front of him last season who provided him some cover and allowed him to overlap to having either Enzio or Thomas in front of him this season who provided zero cover and left him exposed. I agree he hasn't found his form yet but mental and physical issues have meant it has been a very stop start season for him.

He has the ability and if we can get him back on the pitch and even close to last seasons form then right-back is much lower down the list of positions that need improving for me.

How does anyone know if his mental health issues have had any effect on him this season, he's suffered from mental health issues for a long time and as most people say was one of our best players last season. Could just be a case he's been injured most of the season, he wouldn't be on his own in that respect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast