+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T We Are A Laughing Stock

Allev a tenner on Islam at 6-1 befooar the odds shorten.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Allev a tenner on Islam at 6-1 befooar the odds shorten.
    He might like Cat Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Just opened a book.

Even money. Jewish.
    5/4. Buddhism.
    3/1. Spiritualist.
    5/1. Neo-Paganism.
    6/1. Islam.
    10/1.Atheist.
    11/1. Hindu.
    25/1. Jova witness.

Honest Colliers you local bookmaker.
    ALL BETS OFF !!! ALL BETS OFF !!!!

It's come to my atention that match fixing as been happening on a big scale.
    Some one as penetrated the premises of Kier Avon and found a shryn at the bottom off his garden of which he worships a Margaret Thatcher teea pot and holds comunion out of one of Mrs May's bright red shoes.
    All bets will be refunded after administration costs.
    I would like to thank the FBI for there asistance in this sorry saga.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    This one is even beyond me, I'm afraid.

Hard to believe, I know.

Sadly, it also seems to be beyond the combined minds of Parliament.

That's probably slightly easier to believe.

P.s. I'll join the Christmas greetings thread when it's Christmas.
    We have a badly damaged Prime Minister who has proved to be out of her depth with the brexit negotiations. Indeed she is second only to Cameron who is the worst Prime Minister we have ever had. She is trying to manage a divided Cabinet who are fighting like rats in a sack for their own careers while trying to pacify the right wing extremists in her own party.The opposition by the Labour Party is inadequate and Parliament is deadlocked. I think its time to go back to the people via another referendum to break the deadlock. I accept the argument we have had a referendum but I think we are all in a better position to make an informed decision following the last two years of debate which has exposed the pros and cons of the of both sides of the argument. If the decision is the same so be it, if the voters have changed their opinions so be it. Whatever the outcome it should be implemented so we can all get on with our lives.

Send Dennis Skinner to this Brussels Summit to gi 'em all a bollokin.

He'd cum back wi the EU agreeing to pay us £39 billion fo the NHS and Adult Social Care instead of us gi-ing it to them and thed be none a this back stop crap.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    We have a badly damaged Prime Minister who has proved to be out of her depth with the brexit negotiations. Indeed she is second only to Cameron who is the worst Prime Minister we have ever had. She is trying to manage a divided Cabinet who are fighting like rats in a sack for their own careers while trying to pacify the right wing extremists in her own party.The opposition by the Labour Party is inadequate and Parliament is deadlocked. I think its time to go back to the people via another referendum to break the deadlock. I accept the argument we have had a referendum but I think we are all in a better position to make an informed decision following the last two years of debate which has exposed the pros and cons of the of both sides of the argument. If the decision is the same so be it, if the voters have changed their opinions so be it. Whatever the outcome it should be implemented so we can all get on with our lives.
    So suppose you get your second referendum. What questions are going on it? If it’s a three way vote (May’s deal - No deal – Remain) the leavers are going to be up in arms because it’s a rigged election that will split the leave vote. If it’s a two way vote (Remain – Leave) it risks taking us no further from where we are now should Leave win and if it’s two way (May – No deal) the remainers will not accept the outcome.

Most importantly, if you manage to obtain a remain vote, where does that leave us? A significant part of the population will feel mightily pyssed off at having their views overturned and you will have set a precedent that if you don’t like the outcome of a referendum, you can bellyache until you get another one. So how many years before the remainers secure a further in out vote? Two years – five years? You would hardly be in a position to be able to argue against having one.

In my view, the country voted leave and leave we must. I’m happy to do it on the best terms possible, short of the Brexit in name only of deals like Norway has.

So suppose you get your second referendum. What questions are going on it? If it’s a three way vote (May’s deal - No deal – Remain) the leavers are going to be up in arms because it’s a rigged election that will split the leave vote. If it’s a two way vote (Remain – Leave) it risks taking us no further from where we are now should Leave win and if it’s two way (May – No deal) the remainers will not accept the outcome.

Most importantly, if you manage to obtain a remain vote, where does that leave us? A significant part of the population will feel mightily pyssed off at having their views overturned and you will have set a precedent that if you don’t like the outcome of a referendum, you can bellyache until you get another one. So how many years before the remainers secure a further in out vote? Two years – five years? You would hardly be in a position to be able to argue against having one.

In my view, the country voted leave and leave we must. I’m happy to do it on the best terms possible, short of the Brexit in name only of deals like Norway has.
    This is a momentous day
    I agree with you Kerr
    Me agreeing with you will not do your street cred much good however
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 13-12-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    You have no idea have you what you will unleash should another referendum be called and we remain in the EU after all this ?

Not a scooby doo have you ?

Try two UKIP Barnsley MP's for starters .

Hate crime towards EU migrants .

The Far Right mobbed up on demos in London and making the Poll Tax riots look like a picnic , clue it works for the French , go figure .

If Labour stick their names to another referendum they will never see power again , it will finish them .

What i've said all along but worded way more eloquently

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You have no idea have you what you will unleash should another referendum be called and we remain in the EU after all this ?

Not a scooby doo have you ?

Try two UKIP Barnsley MP's for starters .

Hate crime towards EU migrants .

The Far Right mobbed up on demos in London and making the Poll Tax riots look like a picnic , clue it works for the French , go figure .

If Labour stick their names to another referendum they will never see power again , it will finish them .
    Excellent post

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast