+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reading match

Heavy snow 12pm to 6pm so good chance it will be off I would think, health and safety and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Lol, I'll leave you checking but wasn't it under a Ronnie promotion then? I'm sure we stopped Reading from going up once and we got promoted instead. A few years after along cam Madjeski and Reading stormed through the leagues while we disappeared again.
    It was the year Pardew was very unkind towards us. Alan Lee scored the winner against Brentford to take us up in the double promotion period of Ronnies first managerial period with us.

Kevin Watson then went and signed for them and won promotion with them.

Rodney Fern had retired years before that.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It was the year Pardew was very unkind towards us. Alan Lee scored the winner against Brentford to take us up in the double promotion period of Ronnies first managerial period with us.

Kevin Watson then went and signed for them and won promotion with them.

Rodney Fern had retired years before that.
    That's right. 2000-2001. We finished second for automatic promotion. Reading finished 3rd and lost the play-off final to Walsall.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    That's right. 2000-2001. We finished second for automatic promotion. Reading finished 3rd and lost the play-off final to Walsall.
    That would have been our faut as well

I've never liked Reading. Something in the back of my mind that one of our players had a horrendous injury playing against them, but can't for the life of me remember any details.

On a weekend visit to Mrs W's sisters in Hampshire (always fun ) We were playing at Reading. I managed to pick up the match commentary from a Reading radio station. We lost but the commentators hardly seemed to mention the match, concentrating instead on slagging off Northerners and making stupid comments about what a dump Millmoor was.
    I hope we hammer them.

Darren Garner has his leg broken by James Harper.
    Horrendous challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I've never liked Reading. Something in the back of my mind that one of our players had a horrendous injury playing against them, but can't for the life of me remember any details.
    Darren Garner - broken leg

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Remember beating them 5-1 at Millmoor - Butler and Proctor ran them ragged and got a couple each. Might have been Proctor's debut.

Even Barker scored.
    I remember this game very well. We'd just done a straight swap with Sunderland, Darren Byfield left us for them and we got Michael Proctor in return. The lad had a blinder, scored 2 goals, seemed to link up naturally with Martin Butler. We got the 5-1 scoreline, it was probably the best debut I've ever seen for us. But then it didn't quite work out, I don't know if thats because Butler went out for months with illness or because the debut gave us an over inflated view of his ability.

But what a game!

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Horrendous challenge.
    I remember that. I think Alan Lee got sent off as well. Maybe lost 2-4?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Horrendous challenge.
    Thanks FB and Mikemiller

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast