+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple of questions 're campy

Couple of questions 're campy

If it's taking so long and it was 15m at the start, surely 3 or 4 years down the line it will be more?

Is there a plan b?

What?

i recall Nelms issuing the "it's all or nothing statement" to the council iirc

that was prob the biggest mistake he has made re the potential new ground,and he has made a few clangers in his dee capacity

originally i heard x y and z were all on board and all hands were at the pumps,so just to repeat what iv said all along, il beleive it when i see the jcb's levelling the ground

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    i recall Nelms issuing the "it's all or nothing statement" to the council iirc

that was prob the biggest mistake he has made re the potential new ground,and he has made a few clangers in his dee capacity

originally i heard x y and z were all on board and all hands were at the pumps,so just to repeat what iv said all along, il beleive it when i see the jcb's levelling the ground
    They’re maybe having a rethink after finding out that Dee fans won’t pay over the odds to watch games that are on tv, I’m embarrassed at the crowds we have at these so called grade A games, can’t be good for the team running out to empty spaces at home,

Will we ever get an explanation as to why they won’t budge on this price structure.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    They’re maybe having a rethink after finding out that Dee fans won’t pay over the odds to watch games that are on tv, I’m embarrassed at the crowds we have at these so called grade A games, can’t be good for the team running out to empty spaces at home,

Will we ever get an explanation as to why they won’t budge on this price structure.
    Cause they can sell out the away end.

Drop price by 25% (as they did for accies and gers) and it won't make much difference to the crowd.

Fans really don't want to go see their team pumped fae Celtic at lunchtime, have fireworks chucked at them, watch as away fans get away with blue murder whilst home fans are thrown oot in a ****e home atmosphere.

Our crowds held up okish against the old firm until they destroyed the Derry.

We now get more home fans at home midweek against Hamilton than we do at home to the old firm.

pretty much spot on rros

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Cause they can sell out the away end.

Drop price by 25% (as they did for accies and gers) and it won't make much difference to the crowd.

Fans really don't want to go see their team pumped fae Celtic at lunchtime, have fireworks chucked at them, watch as away fans get away with blue murder whilst home fans are thrown oot in a ****e home atmosphere.

Our crowds held up okish against the old firm until they destroyed the Derry.

We now get more home fans at home midweek against Hamilton than we do at home to the old firm.
    If the Hamilton midweek game had been live on SkY most potential PATG Dundee supporters would have stayed at home and watched the game rather than sitting freezing at Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If the Hamilton midweek game had been live on SkY most potential PATG Dundee supporters would have stayed at home and watched the game rather than sitting freezing at Dens.
    I disagree Islay, I think people are sick to the back teeth of the old firm and their fans, Aberdeen not that far behind.

The only time we have been live v accies did we not get not far short of 8,000?....I seem to recall.

I can understand people not taking their kids to see the old firm and listening to the usual dirge, it dosent offend me ( little does) but it's wearying listening to it and feeling like your at some political rally....throw in biased officiating and as you say the caulder weather and it's the perfect storm.

Be interesting to see our crowds v st j and Livvy if we continue to fight and pick up points.

Id envisage 6k plus v st j and 5.2 v Livvy.

Only an uneducated guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I picked my son up the pub for the Hamilton game, he was with two friends who are Dundee fans, and we persuaded them to come to the game
    My son and I , being season ticket holders forgot about the stupid ticket arrangements, so the two lads had to walk past the Derry, go to the shop for tickets , then back to the Derry.
    If they had known that, they said they wouldn't have gone.
    At least they saw the Dee's win 4-0, might get them back again !

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I disagree Islay, I think people are sick to the back teeth of the old firm and their fans, Aberdeen not that far behind.

The only time we have been live v accies did we not get not far short of 8,000?....I seem to recall.

I can understand people not taking their kids to see the old firm and listening to the usual dirge, it dosent offend me ( little does) but it's wearying listening to it and feeling like your at some political rally....throw in biased officiating and as you say the caulder weather and it's the perfect storm.

Be interesting to see our crowds v st j and Livvy if we continue to fight and pick up points.

Id envisage 6k plus v st j and 5.2 v Livvy.

Only an uneducated guess though.
    Which live game v Accies had an attendance of almost 8,000. It certainly was not the live game last season after the split where the attendance might have scraped to just over 5,000 which of course would include season ticket holders whether they were at the game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I picked my son up the pub for the Hamilton game, he was with two friends who are Dundee fans, and we persuaded them to come to the game
    My son and I , being season ticket holders forgot about the stupid ticket arrangements, so the two lads had to walk past the Derry, go to the shop for tickets , then back to the Derry.
    If they had known that, they said they wouldn't have gone.
    At least they saw the Dee's win 4-0, might get them back again !

I agree that it is a stupid system. Surely the club can have a ‘Cash only’ gate for PATG customers in the Bobby Cox Stand and South Enclosure in addition to the Main Stand. In my opinion it is not exactly ‘Rocket Science’.
    I would have thought that FPS would have been desperate to get as many ‘bums on seats’ and not make it as awkward as possible to gain admission to Dens Park.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)