+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ivan toney

no I totally agree flourbasher

the second top scorer is Henderson in taking a punt it's ian Henderson who knoll signed in loan from Norwich in th millmoore days.

I read posh paid 600k for Toney and Evans reckons he's a top half championship striker.

Evans said that Tubbs would wow the fans at NYS and score goals for fun!

If we had Toney, would Warney play him, or would he be a bench warmer like Proctor whilst we play 4-5-1?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Some players improve though don't they.

We had John Swift on loan who was totally unmemorable and compare that to his performance today. Way above anyone else on the pitch. Matured with age
    One poor game and fat boy slim dropped him like a rash.

I think it's highly unlikely we will be looking to bring in another striker in january. Whether we like it or not, warne is going to play with one up top and a full, busy midfield behind and supporting.

That one up top has to be capable of harrying defenders, taking a proper kicking and getting on with, being good in the air, making the ball stick and bringing others into play. I can say in all honesty I'm yet to see anyone better at that job than smudger. If you want that player to also knock 20+ goals per season in, then you've pretty much got alan shearer in his pomp. And such a player wouldn't be with us for very long.

What I'd like to see is an experienced wily old campaigner whos "been there, seen it, done it" midfielder, whos legs haven't quite packed in just yet. Think back to tony grealish, steve thompson, carl robinson, jody morris. It wasn't just how good they were with their calm assurance and superb footballing brains. It was the impact they had on the team as a whole. If we could bring such a type in now then you just watch the difference in players such as towell, vaulks. Williams, newell, etc.

Its a big ask I know, but every now and then the millers surprise us and bring a real diamond in.

A Johnny Quinn, Raggy spring to mind too

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    I think it's highly unlikely we will be looking to bring in another striker in january. Whether we like it or not, warne is going to play with one up top and a full, busy midfield behind and supporting.

That one up top has to be capable of harrying defenders, taking a proper kicking and getting on with, being good in the air, making the ball stick and bringing others into play. I can say in all honesty I'm yet to see anyone better at that job than smudger. If you want that player to also knock 20+ goals per season in, then you've pretty much got alan shearer in his pomp. And such a player wouldn't be with us for very long.

What I'd like to see is an experienced wily old campaigner whos "been there, seen it, done it" midfielder, whos legs haven't quite packed in just yet. Think back to tony grealish, steve thompson, carl robinson, jody morris. It wasn't just how good they were with their calm assurance and superb footballing brains. It was the impact they had on the team as a whole. If we could bring such a type in now then you just watch the difference in players such as towell, vaulks. Williams, newell, etc.

Its a big ask I know, but every now and then the millers surprise us and bring a real diamond in.
    Jay Spearing who is at Blackpool maybe .

someone like sam szmodik of colchester would be a better option. imo a great frecks replacement

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Jay Spearing who is at Blackpool maybe .
    Don't know enough about him to comment animal, but there'll be someone out there who fits the bill. I just hope our scouting network knows who. Plus I hope warney is prepared to deviate from his player profile preference when the need arises. Young, fit, athletic players are essential, I dont doubt that, and our style certainly needs such players. But, some of the players ive ever seen dont seem to run about at all, and yet the ball always seems to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Don't know enough about him to comment animal, but there'll be someone out there who fits the bill. I just hope our scouting network knows who. Plus I hope warney is prepared to deviate from his player profile preference when the need arises. Young, fit, athletic players are essential, I dont doubt that, and our style certainly needs such players. But, some of the players ive ever seen dont seem to run about at all, and yet the ball always seems to find them.

the players you are on about are the top players of the team who other players have prob instructed to give them the ball.

or they are the class players who finds time and space

can we find or afford them??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast