+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ivan toney

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Both Marquis and Toney aren't good enough for the championship in my opinion .

Watched Marquis closely the other week at Oakwell , caught offside at least 10 times and he's proper lazy , scores goals in league one fair enough but not sure he'd improve your squad that much in all honesty .

Kieffer scores goals at this level but won't get many in the championship as a similar example .

Best striker I've seen this season in league one who could step up is Gillingham's Tom Eaves , good player this lad and a little understated , poor side The Gills but he does very well with limited service .

The lad Cook at Walsall is also decent in my opinion .

Amazed nobody is linked with Brian Carey at Plymouth , superb attacking midfield player .
    We’ve had Eaves on loan already. Not sure he would want to come back or if he would improve the team.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    We’ve had Eaves on loan already. Not sure he would want to come back or if he would improve the team.
    Agree with that but Brain Carey on the other hand......would add something

Yep don't rate Toney spent more time on his arse and complaining to ref when he was with Scunny...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Both Marquis and Toney aren't good enough for the championship in my opinion .

Watched Marquis closely the other week at Oakwell , caught offside at least 10 times and he's proper lazy , scores goals in league one fair enough but not sure he'd improve your squad that much in all honesty .

Kieffer scores goals at this level but won't get many in the championship as a similar example .

Best striker I've seen this season in league one who could step up is Gillingham's Tom Eaves , good player this lad and a little understated , poor side The Gills but he does very well with limited service .

The lad Cook at Walsall is also decent in my opinion .

Amazed nobody is linked with Brian Carey at Plymouth , superb attacking midfield player .

I,m happy to leave the decision in Paul Warne,s capable hands.
    Discarded Keiffer and got Michael Smith for nowt.
    M Smith certainly is cship standard.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I,m happy to leave the decision in Paul Warne,s capable hands.
    Discarded Keiffer and got Michael Smith for nowt.
    M Smith certainly is cship standard.
    That's a fair point flour. Who'd have thought when we replaced moore with smith we'd end up with a better player? Certainly not me, but smith just gets better and better.

didnt really discard him. we were outbid. if not for barnsley it would have been smith who?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    didnt really discard him. we were outbid. if not for barnsley it would have been smith who?
    Good point. Thing is Smith for me has simply got better and better. Wouldn't be surprised if a cheeky bid came in for him in January.

Tom Eaves took his tally to 14 goals so far this season today .

This lad is playing in a very poor side and his stats are far greater than Kieffer Moore who is playing in a better team creating more chances .

He's under the radar , I would gladly sell Moore and buy Tom Eaves as his replacement personally , missed an absolute sitter today that should have given us the win late on .

Eaves could turn your draws in to wins in my opinion .

The kind of signing as a championship club you could pull off fairly easily .

Playing in the championship or treading water at Gillingham ?

Proper under the radar this kid but somebody will sign him and everyone will be kicking themselves .

edit it wasn't Tom eaves he scored no goals in 8 games

Some players improve though don't they.

We had John Swift on loan who was totally unmemorable and compare that to his performance today. Way above anyone else on the pitch. Matured with age

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast