+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Dunfermline

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Attendance: 727.....Deary Me!
    Albertz were you actually there in those appalling conditions when the game should never had been played? 74 brave souls from Dunfermline made the journey against the advice of the Police which resulted in two buses not even starting off. How can you try to attract floating fans when the game is played in those wet freezing conditions and either those that were there like myself are truly dedicated to the team or simply mad or a bit of both. Nothing from Queens today warmed those souls that braved the conditions.

Attendance: 727.....Deary Me!

Deary Me ???

What kind of comment is that you fool ?

Bet you didn’t bother travelling ( again )

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Deary Me ???

What kind of comment is that you fool ?

Bet you didn’t bother travelling ( again )
    No, I certainly did not. Fool you...

I'll be travelling to Alloa next weekend? Will you?
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 15-12-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Albertz were you actually there in those appalling conditions when the game should never had been played? 74 brave souls from Dunfermline made the journey against the advice of the Police which resulted in two buses not even starting off. How can you try to attract floating fans when the game is played in those wet freezing conditions and either those that were there like myself are truly dedicated to the team or simply mad or a bit of both. Nothing from Queens today warmed those souls that braved the conditions.
    I knew the low attendance would be the result of the SPFL instructing the match to go ahead.

I knew the low attendance would be the result of the SPFL instructing the match to go ahead.
    was always going to be a low attendance this ,would of struggled to get over the 1000 or so anyways ,the weather took i would say over 300 of what would have been expected id say ,the game should never of been played .

We've played in far worse conditions over the years. The ball never moved from any set piece positions and never blew out from in play. The extreme weather warnings is what done us so from that perspective then yes it should have been off but certainly not from a playing point.

As for the game garbage to watch. Once again set up with this innefective attacking one up front system , Dykes solo in the 1st half, Harkins in the 2nd. Best chance came from a long range effort when Robinson decided to come flying out his goals.

I don't know if it's tactical for certain games or if it's a new style Naysmith is adopting but it's a serious bore fest defensive long ball soaking up pressure and trying to counter attack on the break. It's like watching Alloa under Terry Christie. Just ugly football for a home display and frustrating as we are a good attacking team.

Heard one punter muttering after the game saying he wouldn't be back next season if Naysmith is in charge.
    Shame as in terms of league position things are going great, we're just not nice to watch and it's driving folk away.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    We've played in far worse conditions over the years. The ball never moved from any set piece positions and never blew out from in play. The extreme weather warnings is what done us so from that perspective then yes it should have been off but certainly not from a playing point.
    I agree 100% Deek it was the warnings that resulted in that rather pathetic attendance figure today.

I wonder why Harkins was utilised as a striker?

Not like Robinson to wander from his goal...Not!

I wonder if Queens will play the same tactics at Alloa. I suppose it will depend on whether Dobbie is back or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I agree 100% Deek it was the warnings that resulted in that rather pathetic attendance figure today.
    Was talking about the weather forecast at the game to other Queens fans . It seems that the worst case weather scenario is always put out because under estimating the weather would make heads roll if it turned out to be wrong and weather horrific. If you think of this , it makes sense. Its all to do with making sure as many people dont travel about as possible.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 16-12-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)