+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Queens v Dunfermline

yep defo agree jardi ,best way to cut out previous errors is by watching the worst possible examples of them ,this games tape could be the most valuable thing our manager has atm to highlight some things for sorting as no doubt before the end of this season we are bound to come across a similar scenario .

Get a grip you pair of mugs.

How can you judge a team playing in a storm with 50mph winds.

We are in the top 4 with the 2nd most clean sheets in the league. Callum Semple has marked Shankland twice this season and he hasn’t looked like scoring.

We are doing all this with the countries top scorer out injured.

If it’s that bad don’t ****ing come and watch

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post

We are in the top 4 with the 2nd most clean sheets in the league. Callum Semple has marked Shankland twice this season and he hasn’t looked like scoring.

Nail on the head Mug.

There’s been a massive overreaction to Saturday’s performance and attendance. Get a grip

Going by the attendances many have!
    If we were struggling then you could understand it but to be doing well and losing fans is worrying but if you watch Queens at home you can see why.

I am not having it that our home form is boring.

St Johnstone, Ayr, Alloa, ICT, Partick, Falkirk...... all exciting games in there own way. Anything but boring.

There is no excuse for 700 at a home game. Whether it be a storm, a cup game, we are not playing well etc etc.

What we are turning into is a club with fair weather home support. Not die hard supporters.

Bet the missing ones are die hard supporters when we get to cup finals or doing well in the league.

Tend to agree that some of the criticism has been overboard considering the conditions but the set up with one up front for a home game does the manager no favours and alienates the home fans . Also the keeper nowadays is continually blocked off on the line at corners by the opposition and the days of them claiming ball after ball is over even at the very top levels as a result of these dubious tactics which referees don't seem to penalise. Also there will be an arrangement with the defenders as to whether the keeper stays on his line or not so they have an understanding with each other. Martin did save us from a defeat on Saturday lets not forget in appalling conditions for a keeper to come and take crosses.

Telling supporters to F off is probably not the best way to attract fans to Palmerston

Mug, - you can be an irritating person can't you?

Yes you are entitled to your opinion, and yes you can tell your fellow supporters to F off and don't come back, but that will hardly encourage new supporters to come along, - will it?

The one thing though that really sticks in my throat is that the weather was the same for Dunfermline on Saturday as it was for Queens, - yet they coped very well indeed.

At half time, - I said to quite a few folk that "we need to give Queens the benefit of the doubt, because the conditions on the pitch might be even worse than we can imagine, - with the wind swirling about, - and we might blow Dunfermline away in the second half..."

Ho Ho, Ho - and that's about as Christmasy as it got, - because the 2nd half was even worse, - yet Dunfermline moved up a gear!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

That's a line drawn under this debacle for me thank you.......I've raised some very valid points (in my humble opinion) and I would respectfully request that the manager takes them on board on behalf of the supporters who are the life blood of Queen of the South.

Let's however move on and trust that an invigorated squad will take three points off Alloa, and set up a great encounter with Ayr Utd, - who I reckon will bring over 1000 fans to Palmerston on the 29th.............dare I say it..........weather permitting!

You have both put words into my mouth.

I never once told the pair of you to **** off. What I clearly said was if you don’t like what is being dished up then don’t ****ing come and watch.

Two totally different comments......

Get your facts right.

Why the hell do you think the manager would listen to you?

I am not having it that our home form is boring.

St Johnstone, Ayr, Alloa, ICT, Partick, Falkirk...... all exciting games in there own way. Anything but boring.

There is no excuse for 700 at a home game. Whether it be a storm, a cup game, we are not playing well etc etc.

What we are turning into is a club with fair weather home support. Not die hard supporters.

Bet the missing ones are die hard supporters when we get to cup finals or doing well in the league.
    Mug I agree with you on this one. There's been some decent games this season and as for blaming the manager for only being 4th and having one of the best goal difference records in the league with the budget he has had to work with I think he has done a decent job so please let him do it. I always wonder how it's always the managers fault when players make errors, the comments about Martin being a prime example. Are we the best team in the league....No. Are we a club nobody fancies playing....definitely as we have competed well in every game and never really had a doing from anyone in a tough league.

For me, Martin is a very capable keeper and especially at our level. Those who pick holes in his game don't seem to 'get it' that he wouldn't be with us if he was near perfect. Reality check needed for a lot of people on here. In the same way that those same folk snipe at Naysmith, who is going to come here on out budget and do a better job than him ? There won't be any sensible suggestions I'm sure .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 21-12-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)