+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: cup match vs QPR

cup match vs QPR

right folks, so we know we have a rubbish draw in the cup, rubbish because its against a team in our own division, and its away which maybe doesnt help either, i dunno (is it away?, think it is)

so do we play the strongest side available, do we play the kids, do we use the seniors who havent played much, the players who are coming back from injury, do we put them just on the bench with the aim of giving them the 2nd half or some of it (if they are ready for that of course)

it will be very interesting to see who bielsa chooses on this 1

i wouldnt begrudge him resting the guys who have played the most games this season, or certainly key players

its not for me to say who i would pick, but who do you think marcelo will pick?

i believe lewie coyle returns to us by then, will he be cup tied, or available? certainly another option for marcelo to consider

what do you think about this folks? obviously it depends on whos available, hopefully we dont get any more injuries by then, but with this horrendous period then who knows!

If coyle is available he should get a run.

I would play BPF. The more experience the better. Injury risk but he's young and fit at this time.

I'd play the youngsters on the first team bench and the U-23's. I would not play any of the first team regulars... including Saiz. Don't even have them on the bench.

Its a way off but Id expect something like:

Huffer
    Shackleton. Halme. Forshaw. Douglas
    Baker
    Clarke. Saiz Brown. Harrison
    Bamford

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    If coyle is available he should get a run.

I would play BPF. The more experience the better. Injury risk but he's young and fit at this time.

I'd play the youngsters on the first team bench and the U-23's. I would not play any of the first team regulars... including Saiz. Don't even have them on the bench.

We need to give Huffer games if he is going to back up, this is the perfect opportunity to get him more first team experience without it being a massive game.

With 5 fixtures before that game including Bolton,Villa & Forest away players available for QPR is for crystal ball dabblers but .................. Bamford,Brown & Clarke for me should play to get 'em up to scratch momentum wise and Pontus should play a bench part only as his body is being man managed game to game.Of course injury/new arrivals may change any Cup line up 'tho ...................rumour has it Saiz missus ain't happy and any offers from Spain maybe considered ...... maybe rumour maybe not as it the Jan window silly season.

Halme has already admitted that mentally he's still not full on 100% with regard to putting his injury behind him - so he must start too thus putting his limbs on the line again and erase any mental doubts,IMO.

Keepers need games but nobody knows if we'll have additions in that department to play so for me that'll be one call nearer the day for Bielsa,IMO.

I know you wanted line ups Clive but in fairness their are more considerations than names and numbers over this game ..............

.......... with QPR offering tickets at those prices obviously Leeds fans will be present 'come what may' .........

London now is a 'Home' game for many (including my family in France) but a long expensive away day for my daughter and my family back home in Yorkshire - so with no discounted travel available for advanced travelling arrangements one would hope a decent Leeds team is fielded for the 'crews' travelling down from the 'North' ............. and further afield.
    A World wide drubbing of a token 'FA Cup tribute alternative Leeds United X1' watched on TV would be of no value,IMO,to the clubs brand cause developing commercially and certainly not acceptable for the faithful who attend live matches weekly or in some cases maybe a first time ever live experience of seeing the Leeds Utd roadshow as a special treat.

Again,common sense should prevail and in Bielsa I trust as he appears to be a fair geezer

Troll *Disclaimer - my opinion is always written as a Leeds fan,as a Leeds fan rep considering many independent views,as an active Mad forum member & as an employer with Leeds city business interests (so balance in thought,views and opinion) - NOT as Leeds number one fan as one rudely suggested !

So after consideration please respect my opinion as I respect others.

"The more things you will know the more places you will go" was my Leeds school daily mantra I recall.

MOT
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 12-12-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)