+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Using these forums with Smartphones

Using these forums with Smartphones

I'm overseas and have attempted to make couple of longish posts that I've lost when I've noticed a typo and attempted to edit it. The message window doesn't play nicely either.

Also last night I was at a restaurant and using their free WiFi but this site said that IP was blocked. All fine when I VPN'd via another country.

Are these problems typical? Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I'm overseas and have attempted to make couple of longish posts that I've lost when I've noticed a typo and attempted to edit it. The message window doesn't play nicely either.

Also last night I was at a restaurant and using their free WiFi but this site said that IP was blocked. All fine when I VPN'd via another country.

Are these problems typical? Any tips?
    Same thing happens to me with the edit button. Are you using Chrome?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Same thing happens to me with the edit button. Are you using Chrome?
    I'm glad. I'm not alone. I'm using a browser called CM Browser (cheetah communications) with its blocker and quite like it but never sure whether the blocker interferes with some of the web coding. I try to avoid Chrome but occasionally am forced to, eg my airline booking system seems to demand it. This site is a bit Mickey Mouse at the best of time, and Smartphones aren't exactly fully smart either.

I'm glad. I'm not alone. I'm using a browser called CM Browser (cheetah communications) with its blocker and quite like it but never sure whether the blocker interferes with some of the web coding. I try to avoid Chrome but occasionally am forced to, eg my airline booking system seems to demand it. This site is a bit Mickey Mouse at the best of time, and Smartphones aren't exactly fully smart either.
    Ah ok well I use Chrome and it still happens so not sure what you can do to be honest. Maybe just repost with your corrections.

This thing with the editing on smartphones has been a pain in the arse for months now,I've lost count of the amount of posts that I've spotted a typo on and tried to correct it only for the whole post to be deleted

I only ever use my phone don't have a computer at home, it's a bloody nightmare to edit a post, you just end up deleting it. So if in the future I'm talking complete bollox or atrocious spelling then it'll have to remain in afraid forever suspended in cyber space ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I only ever use my phone don't have a computer at home, it's a bloody nightmare to edit a post, you just end up deleting it. So if in the future I'm talking complete bollox or atrocious spelling then it'll have to remain in afraid forever suspended in cyber space ha ha.
    Ok, I'm just trying an experiment. Quote reply, Select all and Cut, paste into an editor. Add my post, check carefully for errors*, Select all, COPY*, paste into awaiting forum reply.

*The copy of the post is in the editor so can be reposted if/when something goes wrong.

Edit: seems to work just edit/delete post and re-reply.

Ok, I'm just trying an experiment. Quote reply, Select all and Cut, paste into an editor. Add my post, check carefully for errors*, Select all, COPY*, paste into awaiting forum reply.

*The copy of the post is in the editor so can be reposted if/when something goes wrong.

Edit: seems to work just edit/delete post and re-reply.
    I reckon this is why they call them Smartphones …… you have to be smart to use them!

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I reckon this is why they call them Smartphones …… you have to be smart to use them!
    Ha ha yeah I have done that now and again, to be honest I'd probably regretted what I'd written most times and were happy to delete than ha ha.