+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naysmith's 2 years at Palmerston

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    noo your no getting what im saying ,i know theres not much scope for improvement under our current budget and resources ,try telling that to floating fans tho who dont care or look at budgets ,all thay see is where we are in the table and results ,if we want to progress to the next level ,its these fans that need targeting ,this fighting fund is defo a step in the right direction ,i dont know about you but if this is as high as can be expected for queens how do you go about enticing these fans to palmy as thay arnt prepared to turn up as things stand .
    So you simply misunderstood the thread and thought it was about expectations rather than Naysmith's performance after two years.
    Fair enough then.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    What has been the average time spent at the club by a manager in recent years out of interest?

Taking a different approach to what Francis is saying, perhaps we need another head around the table in terms of coaching staff to continue to build on what we have. I know we would rather spend money on a player due to our financial situation but what if we brought someone in who could develop 3/4 younger players in the next few years. We need to think strategically in this sense and long term.
    Not really sure but on evidence Naysmith is the longest manager at Queens since Chisholm was the manager 2007-10

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    So you simply misunderstood the thread and thought it was about expectations rather than Naysmith's performance after two years.
    Fair enough then.

the point is it all impacts on our managers performance ,i do think our manager at times could utilise the squad a bit more and also tweek his tactics as we have lost points over the season due to some tactical errors .

the point is it all impacts on our managers performance ,i do think our manager at times could utilise the squad a bit more and also tweek his tactics as we have lost points over the season due to some tactical errors .
    Good point Francis but his options are very limited but like you I would like to see possibly more use of the substitutes especially when it is obvious to the watching supporters that some players are flagging and that a change would benefit the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Good point Francis but his options are very limited but like you I would like to see possibly more use of the substitutes especially when it is obvious to the watching supporters that some players are flagging and that a change would benefit the team.

i would defo use the murray boy alot more as he is full of beans ,always wants to get past opponents ,iv no doubt that boy could be a big player for us and also with him on the pitch it pegs fullbacks as thay will know thay cant maraud as much with him having so much pace to hurt them .

i would defo use the murray boy alot more as he is full of beans ,always wants to get past opponents ,iv no doubt that boy could be a big player for us and also with him on the pitch it pegs fullbacks as thay will know thay cant maraud as much with him having so much pace to hurt them .
    I can't disagree with those comments.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Captain I like your style and your thinking, - which is logical and sustainable in a normal business setting. However, the problem with football is that it is not a normal business, and the paying public are not willing to wait for 4- 5 years to see players being nurtured in the way they should, - especially as they will then be simply cherry-picked by the bigger clubs.

Until or unless football at the highest level realises that without grass roots clubs, they are nothing, and that ultimately they will die out quicker than the dinosaurs in a cataclysmic catastrophe.

An agreement must be set that a decent percentage of any deal from a major sponsor is set aside to support grass roots clubs across the country, - finding and nurturing talent, who are then able to progress through a pyramid system, - with each successive club benefiting from their input. That is the only way to ensure that football survives.

The 'dog eat dog' system is all very well, but we are already witnessing cannibalism on a massive scale, and eventually like all models of capitalism, the top dog will have no alternative but to eat itself.
    Completely agree. It is sad seeing how football is being driven but hopefully the smaller teams outside of the top leagues will eventually be listened too, although I cant say I am that optimistic at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Not really sure but on evidence Naysmith is the longest manager at Queens since Chisholm was the manager 2007-10
    I thought that might be the case. I could maybe seen Naysmith sticking around 1 more year until he makes a move to a central belt club.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    With Naysmith recently being two years in charge at Queens, what are the fans thoughts so far.
    95 matches with 36 wins, 28 draws and 31 defeats with a win ratio of 38%...
    At East Fife Naysmith was 3 years in charge with a similar win ratio after 130 matches...
    I loike Naysmith. Don`t always agree with his strategy but I`ve no doubt he gives his absolute all for our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I loike Naysmith. Don`t always agree with his strategy but I`ve no doubt he gives his absolute all for our club.
    Same with me mate. He will be gone though in the first semi decent offer he gets .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)