+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Naysmith's 2 years at Palmerston

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    with queens making a loss every seasons end i cant see us holding out for a drive for success anytime soon and in the meantime we are loosing fans while plodding along stagnating ,only way we can get success is either through investment or a new approach ,which would mean a new more tactical manager ,which still doesnt guarantee success but at least it would be seen as trying .
    I believe that Mourinho could be available very soon but our lack of spending money may scupper a deal. Good tactician but sometimes parks the bus to get results which will upset some supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    with queens making a loss every seasons end i cant see us holding out for a drive for success anytime soon and in the meantime we are loosing fans while plodding along stagnating ,only way we can get success is either through investment or a new approach ,which would mean a new more tactical manager ,which still doesnt guarantee success but at least it would be seen as trying .

What’s with all the negativity? Last time I looked we were sitting 4th in a very competitive league.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    What’s with all the negativity? Last time I looked we were sitting 4th in a very competitive league.

aloreburn ,we could be sitting top running away with it ,but fans arnt going to turn up to watch these drab tactics ,if a new fan came to watch that on saturday ,he would never step foot in palmy again ,

"..........fans arnt going to turn up to watch these drab tactics ,if a new fan came to watch that on saturday ,he would never step foot in palmy again"

Francis, - you hit the nail precisely on the head.

Regardless of how bad the weather was on Saturday, - it was the same for both teams, - but Queens just didn't have the same appetite as Dunfermline. Thankfully only the fool hardy ventured out to witness it, - so I don't think there'd me much chance of any potential new fans coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    "..........fans arnt going to turn up to watch these drab tactics ,if a new fan came to watch that on saturday ,he would never step foot in palmy again"

Francis, - you hit the nail precisely on the head.

Regardless of how bad the weather was on Saturday, - it was the same for both teams, - but Queens just didn't have the same appetite as Dunfermline. Thankfully only the fool hardy ventured out to witness it, - so I don't think there'd me much chance of any potential new fans coming along.

yep jardi and i can shout from the rooftops ,but queens arnt going to listen to us fans ,so frustrating ,something defo needs changing ,cause to me queens sole purpose atm should be trying to attract new fans ,not just sitting and asking fans to come pay to watch ,but changes on the park the entertainment ,cant see prices going down ,but the entertainment value of watching queens can be improved with minimal effort ,changing of style and tactics ,it would get a few fans back as the word would spread that we are playing a good brand of football or at least trying too .

The last two home games have been boring to watch mainly due to this one up front rubbish stifling any attack threat.

Somebody on the other forum hit the nail on the head:, we play at home like we are the away team.

The problem is fans have been deserting us with a whimper. There is nothing to protest about so they can't vent their frustration at anything in particular as we aren't getting hammered every week or struggling and even though we are doing great league positions wise we just seem to grind out what we need rather than to offer any entertainment.

We need to get back to the attacking football we saw in the early stages of the season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)