+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: May Day, May Day...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Surely that would be contravening their hoooooooman rights -----wouldn't it?
    so what.. Send the PHOOKERS back..We are already full up to sinking point..

Won't work lads.

People can just fly into Dublin and walk across the Irish border into the UK if there is no customs checks.

Unless you want to blast all incoming flights into Ireland out of the sky.
    Quick, tell Boris, Rees-Mogg and Farage - I bet they haven't thought of that

We can easily have a "right of abode" to stay in the UK for any sneaky snorkelers. Irish Customs are not daft, we can implement a soft border in Ireland with pre-arranged customs documentation, commercial invoices and a packing list would easily sort that. VAT deferment schemes have been used before.

We can have coast to coast surveillance to monitor passenger movement from South to North and visa versa it must be said. Satellite surveillance is now as common as muck. Plus it must be said, who is desperate to come illegally to our deeply divided nation?

Do you ever get the feeling that people are peeing on your head and telling you it is raining and that this situation has been engineered by the hidden hand?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We can easily have a "right of abode" to stay in the UK for any sneaky snorkelers. Irish Customs are not daft, we can implement a soft border in Ireland with pre-arranged customs documentation, commercial invoices and a packing list would easily sort that. VAT deferment schemes have been used before.

We can have coast to coast surveillance to monitor passenger movement from South to North and visa versa it must be said. Satellite surveillance is now as common as muck. Plus it must be said, who is desperate to come illegally to our deeply divided nation?
    Customs documentation? invoices and packing lists? These would be useless if there was no one to check them at the border.

"We can have coast to coast surveillance to monitor passenger movement" Come on BT. The only way to tell if anyone is entitled to enter the UK legally would be to check their documentation - at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Do you ever get the feeling that people are peeing on your head and telling you it is raining and that this situation has been engineered by the hidden hand?
    CIB, if you can think of a way to stop free movement, leave the customs union, leave the single market and not have a hard border then you will be a very rich person.
    No one has thought of one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sinkov, what technology will allow us to have no hard border but will stop those pesky foreigners entering the UK from Ireland?
    I have no idea 59, nor do I care, not my problem, but plenty of people with greater knowledge than me on this sort of thing say it can be done, so who am I to gainsay them ? What I do know is that Varadker has stated quite categorically that, even in the event of no deal being agreed, they will not be building a hard border in Ireland. We won't be building one either, so there won't be one, simple as, and in such a case a solution will be found, and quickly, I can guarantee you that.

All this no technology bollox is simply that, of course the technology exists, it's over 50 years since we put a man on the moon, we have space probes all over the solar system, we have warships and submarines that can plop a cruise missile down a chimney from 900 miles away, but we're supposed to believe that it's beyond our wit and technological capabilities to check a few parcels over the Irish border ? The only people who say it can't be done are the very same ones who want to keep us in the EU, what an amazing co-incidence that is, n'est-ce pas.

People can just fly into Dublin and walk across the Irish border into the UK if there is no customs checks.
    No problem for me, as long as they don't have the right to live and work here, nor claim from our benefits system, I don't give a FF who visits our country.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    thats the Game - Buda....we can play fool all day that this her or that him have control of the party - but in reality are nothing more than pied piper puppet mouthpieces, placed to fool folk into the belief that they have a say / are somehow in the loop...not that there's targeted (division/fear) campaigns to distract and turn down the lights - and like some old real-deal Pope who was going to tear up the rule book and screw the Plan - wouldn't be long before he'd suffer a tragic and unfortunate "accident".....nahh the few have too much invested in the long games construction to allow the many to eat away at all the power such has been seized through the centuries..... .

Sinkov, what technology will allow us to have no hard border but will stop those pesky foreigners entering the UK from Ireland?

One of our red lines is to stop freedom of movement remember.
    I was wondering what had happened to it 59, the EU's own answer to your question, Smart Border 2.0. It's all in here, I've provided a link for you. But because it provides a perfectly workable solution the EU has apparently binned it, I presume it's gathering dust under lock and key somewhere in Brussels, never to see the light of day again. Have a read, all those experts I told you about that say it can be done, all here explaining it fully. Nothing to stop it being implemented except EU intransigence, they don't want a solution, they want a bear trap. Like I keep saying, a confected problem, there are TWO solutions, a trade deal, which they refuse to negotiate, and SB 2.0, their own document, which they now pretend doesn't exist.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegDat...)596828_EN.pdf
    Last edited by sinkov; 14-12-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)