+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: May Day, May Day...

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sinkov, just think about it.

if the technology actually exists, and can be implemented in the next 100 days, then why are we not using it at our ports and airports already? It would certainly revolutionise the current system.

"Even the EU's own expert says it exists 59, or are you suggesting he's lying ? Various tech companies have the systems ready to implement, or so they say, perhaps they're lying as well ? I have no idea how long it would take to implement, the EU report came out over a year ago, the Transition period lasts for another two years at least, would three years have been long enough ? I'm sure it would had the political will been there, but the EU doesn't want a solution, so no amount of time would suffice would it ?

If a tech solution isn't feasible, why were British and Irish civil servants working together on one while Kenny was Taoiseach, and why was this project halted as soon as Varadkar took over ? You're probably not even aware of this fact I would suspect, it's not something the Remainer media likes to acknowledge, it does sort of give the game away though doesn't it ?

Have you told Boris, Rees-Mogg, Farage etc. about it? They should be all over it.

"They are well aware of it, they've pointed it out often, but if you only get your info from the BBC and Grauniad, you wouldn't be aware of that. But what have those three got to do with it anyway ? Is Sean Dyche all over it ? I don't know, but he has as much influence and input on the Brexit negotiations as any of those three have."

Will it be able to stop free movement at the borders? This is a major red line for Brexiteers. And if it can, then it would stop most illegal immigration into the UK. If this was the case then don't you think we would be using it already?

"I'm always intrigued by the fact that the referendum has led to a resurgence of clairvoyance in this country, especially by those who voted to Remain. How else would you be aware of what red lines there were for 17.4 million people ? I'm impressed, but whether you're right or not I have no idea, the one person who does seem obsessive about free movement is our glorious PM, but she's a Remainer."

"Not sure how it could halt illegal immigration, by their very nature these people avoid the established means of arriving in a country, that's why they're illegals."
    I assume you've nothing planned for t'Lakes imminently, not much fun when you're just toiling in cold and mist and you can't see a bloody thing is it.
    Last edited by sinkov; 19-12-2018 at 01:52 AM.

now am starting to think - is this irish border rattle all part of some elaborate ruse, an excuse to roll in these Smart "techno" Borders - tagged and flagged at entry - and if you make it through, then smartly observed at every step - where you go - what you eat - and where you stay etc....then how long will it be I wonder - before we're all required to fall under the spell of the Mass Global Surveillance Network ........so be careful what you wish for, they'll only make it a Law !

On surveillance Orwell was right!
    On immigration, if we have 1 million illegals in this country how the heck do they survive?

Morning all.

I ask again, if the technology is actually ready, then why is it not being used? Not just in the UK but all over the world?
    And how would it help in stopping free movement - if there are no border checks?

Without doubt free movement was one of the main issues during the referendum campaign - maybe not for people on this board - but for millions of people in the country. It was the main plank for UKIP and others.

Being true British adventurers with the bulldog spirit, we are planning doing a couple of the smaller Wainwrights on Friday (Ling Fell and Sale Fell near Bassenthwaite). If we survive we plan to visit The Pheasant pub for a meal and a drink or two.

Who said it was ready 59 ? It exists, it needs working on, it needs time and money spending on it. The British and Irish were working together on it, but Varadkar put an end to that, and the EU won't countenance it because they want the Backstop to trap us in the EU. I'm not interested in the rights or wrongs of it here, I'm just pointing out the facts, a tech solution to the border problem is feasible, it's simply politics that stands in the way. It's a political problem, not a technical one.

I wonder what will happen in Ireland in the unlikely event we leave on March 29th without a WA. We won't be constructing a hard border, Varadkar has said the Irish won't construct one, even in the event of no deal. So we'll be out of the EU and no hard boder, what happens when the EU instructs the Irish to construct one, as they surely will ? The problem then becomes one for them to resolve, plus that other matter of the £50 billion euro hit the Irish economy takes in the event of no deal. That could wipe the smug smirk off Leo's face, it's not just us who will be having problems.

Not been up either of those two 59, have a good day.
    Last edited by sinkov; 19-12-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Not long back from there 59-60 up Ullock Pike and through Dodd wood I believe looking into Bassenthwaite and Derwent Water.
    Beautiful place.

Yes, army, we too have been up Ullock Pike and Dodd Wood.

But surely you also went up the next hill on the ridge - LONGSIDE Edge?

I ask again, if the technology is actually ready, then why is it not being used? Not just in the UK but all over the world?
    I'd suppose it's under way - 59/60....as I read it, the E.U wants it in place by 2020, but being the complex and delicate operation it is....the system/database has to be perfectly harmonized...no room for failure, it crashing or being hacked etc- imagine the chaos that'd cause - and again - there's the ethical/privacy issues involved....but i'd doubt they'd worry much about those !

Yes, army, we too have been up Ullock Pike and Dodd Wood.

But surely you also went up the next hill on the ridge - LONGSIDE Edge?
    You lot would worry me, if I was a worrier!! If you are not social climbing ---you are bloody hill climbing ----just have a rest lads!! Mind you I do like the idea that you manage to fit in the odd local hostelry!

Social climbing? Me?

I know my place Super. I would never attempt to watch a match from the Bob Lord Stand - it's the Cricket Field, or Longside lower for me.

And I have to tell you that , once again, I have been shamefully overlooked in the New Years honours list.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)