+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May Day, May Day...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No problem for me, as long as they don't have the right to live and work here, nor claim from our benefits system, I don't give a FF who visits our country.
    Fairly simple is that solution sinkov and the KISS strategy really works (Keep It Simple Stupid). My best mate imports shed loads of stuff from China, Vietnam etc., it all gets air freighted in, the goods are properly documented, scanned on arrival and he tells me not one single consignment has been held up. We have the technology!

Good stuff sinkov, I had completely forgotten about this document.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Good stuff sinkov, I had completely forgotten about this document.
    They want us to forget about it BT, then they can get away with their lie that the Irish border presents an intractable problem. Of course it's no such thing, but it suits the EU, the Irish and Remoaners to pretend it is. And while they're allowed to get away with this lie, and May keeps kicking the can down the road and acts the fool in Brussels, the clock ticks down and the options narrow. I wonder when her insistence that there will be no second referendum, or revoking of our application to leave, will become her latest lie. That's where all this is heading.

If the Irish and the US can arrange immigration clearance into the US from Dublin or Shannon for "Aliens", a few parcels and the odd tanker from Cork to Belfast should hardly present a huge logistical problem. Should it?

No it shouldn't BT, but while this 'problem' keeps us locked and paying into the EU, they're going to make sure we don't solve it.

Seems that David Liddington said, when asked why May and Hammond had told the Civil Service to stop working on no deal preparations last March, 'it takes away an option for the Brexiteers'. You can see what the plan is now, take no deal off the table, run down the clock until the only option is May's dog's breakfast or stay in.

Perhaps she is not as thick as me and you believe after all sinkov?

Attachment 11272

It's what I keep coming back to BT, she simply cannot be as thick as she appears to be. Possibly she knows exactly what she's doing when she kicks that can down the road. She is a Remainer after all.

How the phook she is still standing is way beyond me. Perhaps it's the bad diet, fags and the booze..?

Attachment 11275

Or this "Wythenshawe" lifestyle..?

Attachment 11276

Sorry lads, the idea muted in the EU's Smart Border 2.0 has practically zero support.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43356568

If it was a runner, then don't you think that Boris, Davis, Rees-Mogg, Farage et al would be all over it? Perhaps all these people are actually double agents and part of the Master Plan to remain? Why else is no one from the Hard Brexit lobby pushing for it?
    Because it simply won't work, that's why.

Regarding the fact that an open border is incompatible with stopping freedom of movement.
    Sinkov stated further up that he didn't care how many foreigners entered the UK by entering from Ireland - as long as they didn't settle here.
    This begs several questions. Why bother with any border checks at all, including Dover, Hull, Liverpool etc?
    And having no border checks would simply be an open goal for illegal immigrants to use. But without any border checks then how can you judge if they ARE illegal?

Personally, I am all for freedom of movement, but I am against ILLEGAL immigration, or illegal anything.

To simply say, "Let anyone in without checks" is clearly nonsense and against what practically everybody thinks.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)