+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The Worst PM In History

O/T The Worst PM In History

May is probably singing Gloria Gaynor's hit right now. If she wins the confidence vote then I see a General election looming very soon as the DUP will no longer support the Torys which will lead in turn to the tories suffering a disastrous defeat at the ballot box. An omnishambles of a party, they've only themselves to blame

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    May is probably singing Gloria Gaynor's hit right now. If she wins the confidence vote then I see a General election looming very soon as the DUP will no longer support the Torys which will lead in turn to the tories suffering a disastrous defeat at the ballot box. An omnishambles of a party, they've only themselves to blame
    Oh God, you've opened a can of worms now!

Both major political party's are in an awful state. They are more concerned with personal ambition than the national interest.

My prediction is I think she'll win the vote, but won't get the deal through parliament sparking a general election...
    And then a new Leader for the Tories will win the election. No deal Brexit will become a reality. And then we all get poorer.

Time for a bit of music.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE

As a brexiteer I want to see her toppled. She's a remained who never had her heart in it.brexit has proven to be the unsquarable circle with a HOCs full of remainer MPs doing their utmost to thwart a referendum that asked them to deliver brexit.I do have a certain amount of sympathy for her as there is no way any group of MPs could get a plan carried through the house even if we had a strong brexiteer in charge,so the only way through the impasse is unfortunately another referendum but the warring MPs will make sure we don't get no deal clean brexit as one of the choices on the ballot paper.I feel the MPs are gonna steal brexit and has been their covert plan all along.revolution here we come,France may look like a picnic when it kicks off

She should resign. However, her most recent speech to Tory MPs that she will stand down before the next general election, is clearly a her attempt to preserve her job. ��

I too am a brexiteer. I also now believe it’s not going to happen. Apart from a few MPs the house of numpties most don’t want brexit. I despair, I really do. But as usual the British public will accept it without a murmur and carry on like good little minions as we always do. We call the French, but at least they show Boll*cks when they have too.

I voted remain purely down to the uncertainty this could potentially cause the economy, especially in the short term. Trade agreements take time and it would seem a lifetime while business suffer in the meantime. However since the vote, i’m leaning more towards wanting to Leave for a number of reasons - one being the fact that the EU are not playing ball at all and will never let us have what we want. I’m saying leaving knowing this is pretty much suicide for my business aspirations. It is such a big mess.

If there’s another general election.. Lib Dems will win it, as they will put in a call for another referendum. As Mick said in a thread, there really should have been a consortium of the political parties in this process.. but what we have here is each party is trying to win one over the other. Not a great time.

In fairness the Brexit situation is something that is a nightmare to negotiate for ANYBODY which is why the Corbyn creature hasn’t had the balls to go for a no confidence vote in the government.

The Northern Ireland “tail” is wagging the rest of the UK dog especially due to the Tory’s having no real majority in parliament.

The only way I can see out of this is to pay for a free trade agreement which in itself is a contradiction in terms.

I’m no expert in these matters but with the EU it all comes down to power and money and they are exerting their power over us and enjoying it.

If we said that we wanted an end to free movement and frictionless trade to continue BUT that we would pay a Billion a year forever more into their coffers then we might get to an agreement.

Many of us lesser mortals who’ve spent our lives negotiating deals to make our living know that there’s ALWAYS “another deal”,unlike the ridiculous comments May and Juncker make but it comes down to being creative and doing it in a way that doesn’t lose face for either side.

Even the most rabid leaver like Rees- Mogg is wise enough that a deal of this sort is acceptable even if the money comes under the banner of “European Aid”.

The lack of commercial nous amongst our political class is truly staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In fairness the Brexit situation is something that is a nightmare to negotiate for ANYBODY which is why the Corbyn creature hasn’t had the balls to go for a no confidence vote in the government.

The Northern Ireland “tail” is wagging the rest of the UK dog especially due to the Tory’s having no real majority in parliament.

The only way I can see out of this is to pay for a free trade agreement which in itself is a contradiction in terms.

I’m no expert in these matters but with the EU it all comes down to power and money and they are exerting their power over us and enjoying it.

If we said that we wanted an end to free movement and frictionless trade to continue BUT that we would pay a Billion a year forever more into their coffers then we might get to an agreement.

Many of us lesser mortals who’ve spent our lives negotiating deals to make our living know that there’s ALWAYS “another deal”,unlike the ridiculous comments May and Juncker make but it comes down to being creative and doing it in a way that doesn’t lose face for either side.

Even the most rabid leaver like Rees- Mogg is wise enough that a deal of this sort is acceptable even if the money comes under the banner of “European Aid”.

The lack of commercial nous amongst our political class is truly staggering.
    'There is always another deal' So so bl00dy true. We played our cards (and we had plenty of em) so badly and that is the No.1 reason we are now in such a mess!

Well she won the vote 200 to 117 but she's a wounded animal.the Tory EU sceptics are flushed out in an accurate number now,add them to the SNP.DUP.and labour and her deal goes down 3 to 1 in the meaningful vote.she's toast

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)