+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sit in

If it goes as many suspect ie no sale and very little if any investment the Geordie public will be angry and chomping at the bit to show their unhappiness and anger surely?

So we still pay the money to get in and line his pockets then when the game has finished and he's getting chomped off by Charley whilst eating caviare. We all sit there for 11 minutes? He wouldn't even Fu(king realised anything had happened. The only thing that would work is stadium boycotts on numerous matchdays. But we all know that won't happen because there's to much divide on the idea for some odd reason.

I think if Ashley fails to sell yet again lethargy rather than anger will step in,people will just stop going in large numbers,crowds could go back to what they were in the late 70s and 80s.I remember a crowd of 8000 for one game where previously I had been to a reserve match with over 7000 attendance.

I wish people would come along to the MG meetings to offer suggestions/support. I’m completely perplexed about the apathy and lack of interest. Looks like we’ll just have to hope he sells then. Otherwise we’re completely and absolutely fecked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    I wish people would come along to the MG meetings to offer suggestions/support. I’m completely perplexed about the apathy and lack of interest. Looks like we’ll just have to hope he sells then. Otherwise we’re completely and absolutely fecked.
    I think Ashley has knocked the stuffing out of us
    We have endured 11 years of sh it from him.

It’s too much of a coincidence for it to be by chance, he has royally forked us over deliberately . We know it.

I know it should give us even more reasons to put up a fight but I think it has had the opposite effect
    The fans are tired as well as being sick and tired of him.it has gone on so long and we’ve put up with so much we have no strength left to fight him.

The thing that has worked was us going after S/D his only love
    Bad press
    Redirect.com
    Picketing his shops
    Those things are what hurt him not walking in to a match 11 minutes late

A boycott will only work if the masses stick together. Most supporters hate Ashley but love the team and want to support them in equal measures

they should maybe try varying days and times of meetings. so far it's just been impossible for me to attend any of the meetings due to work and family commitments

You are wasting your time and efforts .
    50 odd thousand will still turn up even if he doesn't sell, doesn't buy in January and we are in the bottom 3.
    The problem is the attitude " I have already paid " . People would rather endure year on year decline and underinvestment ,than stop going " cos they have already paid" .
    If it was pay at the gate it wouldn't work cos fatty would drop the prices to a tenner to fill the ground .
    ONE FCB has exposed the lack of unity and backbone of the fans ... It's no wonder we get little sympathy from other fans when it's almost a full stadium each week .
    Give it up mate .. We won't get better until he sells and is ready to sell .

You just have to stop paying for a season ticket imo nothing else works cos he already has your coin sadly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)