+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: St Midden Roll call and Thread

I guarantee if Shinnie doesn’t sign a new deal people will be on here next season saying we miss him.

We can’t keep losing our best players every season or we will end up being a bottom 6 team again.

I would also say if he does leave it will be ironic that he leaves in the summer the training grounds built,didn’t McInnes say that it was important to players like him and McLean when they signed that a training ground was getting built?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’m not sure that’s the case.
    Imo that’s just a cliche used when someone doesn’t play well when they’ve not signed a contract

I don’t think when he’s running about in midfield he’s thinking about where he’ll be playing next season.

I think it’s as simple as him having a bad run of form

If I’m honest, I don’t think he’s got the passing ability to be a midfielder.
    Love his work-rate but I think he’s been pretty average most of the season.

Still want him to re-sign though but I think it’s looking unlikely now.
    Most of you know my hate of Scottish sitting midfielders but I honestly believe Shinnie is a very decent player. He is a very good captain and tries to always set a good example. His passing is certainly questionable but his desire etc to win the ball back is pleasing. Let’s hope we keep Shinnie as he will be a big loss. I would prefer him to be at left back but let’s face it McInnes doesn’t particularly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I guarantee if Shinnie doesn’t sign a new deal people will be on here next season saying we miss him.

We can’t keep losing our best players every season or we will end up being a bottom 6 team again.

I would also say if he does leave it will be ironic that he leaves in the summer the training grounds built,didn’t McInnes say that it was important to players like him and McLean when they signed that a training ground was getting built?
    Training ground or not, this was always going to be a pivotal point in Shinnies career.
    He’s 27 with a young family that may now be willing to move to get a much better deal.
    I remember the talk of when he came here that he had better offers, but due to his family position, wanted to stay in the north east.
    That may be different now though.

I’m sure signing any potential players in the future, would by a small extent at least, see the new training facilities more positively than our current set up.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Training ground or not, this was always going to be a pivotal point in Shinnies career.
    He’s 27 with a young family that may now be willing to move to get a much better deal.
    I remember the talk of when he came here that he had better offers, but due to his family position, wanted to stay in the north east.
    That may be different now though.

I’m sure signing any potential players in the future, would by a small extent at least, see the new training facilities more positively than our current set up.
    Yeah I can see what you are saying but I’m not sure if it has or will stop players from signing for us because we do or don’t have our own training facilities.

It's really quite simple, if somebody offers Shinnie more money, he will be off. We would all do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yeah I can see what you are saying but I’m not sure if it has or will stop players from signing for us because we do or don’t have our own training facilities.
    I agree it won’t make much difference in influencing players to sign.
    Maybe younger ones.
    It will give additional opportunities for the club to work with the signed players though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Well done to the players & fans. That couldnt have been much fun.
    It wasnae that bad actually.

I really enjoyed the match and was fairly warm and dry - the main problems I had were trying to get my legs to work at the end of the game and the A9 was HORRIFIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Indeed, never got a chance to speak to yer da the day.....too busy chasing after baws in the wind, f ucking joke tbh, thankfully we managed to progress in the cup, anyway, AC are on it like a car bonnet now, jealous as f uck......I’m just being a glue sniffing fanny with my wife and many friends trying to be mr Sensible.......

Give me a shout when back home bud .
    Shall.
    Never ventured outwith the IV17 postcode today, trying to shake a bar steward of a cauld.

Off to bed having got myself outside a very passable Chilean Malbec, hopefully the grape related antioxidants therein will speed the recovery process.

Ooooh Derek Mcinnes. Devlin was at my Xmas Doo. Asked him again when he's back and he said "next week". Lying chunt.

Mon the May and Cosgrove partnership.

Scottish cup and league double.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Ooooh Derek Mcinnes. Devlin was at my Xmas Doo. Asked him again when he's back and he said "next week". Lying chunt.

Mon the May and Cosgrove partnership.

Scottish cup and league double.
    Chill loon, hopefully your hangover or fitever does not affect your Sunday.

SF

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast