+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Xmas fixtures

Xmas fixtures

Slightly stretching the Xmas season to include this weekends games we have what looks on paper an extremely tough run of fixtures; bearing in mind we usually don’t perform well over this period and the fact of how poor we are in general. Alarmingly Artell seems not to be to upbeat on funds being available in January and there seems to be a rush to get Green back into the fold. As a minimum to keep us if nothing else but safely in mid table we must win 3 games out of the next 5 a tall order for this poor squad and manager. But let’s hope for a Xmas miracle or we might need a guide to non league football grounds for next season.

I just don't get this post. I cannot see us getting relegated this season. Okay, we're not setting the division alight but there are a number of degrees of difference between that and relegation.
    On the other hand, there is no doubt that the next few games are going to be tough so we'll be grateful for any decent return of points from those games. I predict 1 pleasantly surprising result but not much else.

I’m with you, gazan. Relegation is highly unlikely, especially given how poor Macc, Grimsby, Morecambe, Cheltenham and others have been. We will continue to be inconsistent but win enough games to finish higher than least season and above the Fail.

Frustrating but safe.

What I am suggesting is that we are poor with what seems very little chance for strengthening the squad in January, rest assured the others around us will have some money to strengthen. We need a midfielder and a couple of strikers ( more strikers I hear you scream) yes because with the exception of Bowery the rest of our strikers are crap. Because we have the burden of the academy costs which has not paid its way for a number or years and yes a a major shareholder not putting anything in we are heading towards the abys of non league football and I have a feeling this season might just be the time, Notts County are 2nd bottom they will finish above us at the end of the season because they will recruit heavily in January.

I don’t expect any of our shareholders to put money in, that’s not sustainable. What I don’t expect is that the majority shareholder should take money out, that’s legal theft.

Well there is the first game gone and a defeat we could very easily be in the bottom 3 by the end of the Xmas period the squad is very average and with the prospects of major financial investment in January practically zero transfer revenue likely to also be zero I fear we are heading for the trapdoor.