+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: V Stoke

Leeds have won their last 5, conceded only 18 times and been outside the top 3 only once since the 2nd game of the season. So we're nailed on for a win

Seriously - we have to approach every game going for the jugular as we're always going to concede in most games.

I think we all know we need a goalkeeper and another CB in January.

Leeds have been battling it out in the championship (and league 1) for 15 years since they were relegated from the PL. They are way overdue promotion and good luck to them.

This time last year, Wolves were sat at the top of the table, Cardiff were second and Fulham were 12.

It is do-able

Good point Sam but they still only made the play offs!

I would feel more confident going into the play offs with this team and the way they are playing than last season. And here’s food for thought. Had we actually beaten Fulham and gone up, we would now be struggling at the bottom of the Prem, trying not to concede 5 or 6 against City and with Bruce still as our manager.

That would have been a nightmare. So the Championship has finally manged to thug Jack onto the treatment table. We looked a bit lost in the first half without him but settled a little in the second.

I don't really have soft spots for any other team but with Leeds there's a bit of something since Mark Viduka and Harry Kewell where running amuck.

I agree auto spot is looking unlikely but hitting the playoffs in form will still give us a good shout. All depends who we can tempt to come here in January and plug the leaks. Anyway, Deano will be on to it.

Strange this crusade for the promised land called the Premiership only, many people i have spoken to around the country think the championship is more enjoyable to watch than the Prem!
    I must admit i think we are a Good Championship side and now well off the pace of the prem so, one half of me says 'whats the point' and the other 'got to get back'
    We as fans are enjoying our football again and would be favs to get to wembley again through the playoffs but what if we did go up, i know the owners would throw some money at it but it dont always work, just ask Fulham fans!
    You know what, i really hope likes of man U, city, chelski and Liverpool bugger off to the champions super league, oh and take the gooners and spuds with you. A reshaped prem with us,olbion, Leeds, both Sheff teams and Maybe Forest or Derby with a chance to win it and go again where as you win the championship, you leave all other teams behind. Bit like starting school for the 1st time, freshmen you know! Your bound to get bullied be a bit scared of the big boys!
    I am sure we will go up sooner rather than later and this will become just a memory but people will still talk if the play off finals, 5-5 3-2 or 3-3 score lines with fond memories.

Getting to the promised land will be a dream come true but may lead to some nightmares as well.

I will look back and say, ive enjoyed the Championship.

Being in the premiership for me is like coming out of an abusive relationship. You get so much grief you don't want it again and rather be single.
    After the mon era we got battered from pillar to post and I understand why people don't have the stomach for more of the same.
    But it wasn't long ago we were finishing above Tottenham and Liverpool and beating Manu at old Trafford. The 1st season will be all about staying up but as we have seen in the past, with the right man at the helm and a decent investment we can compete with the top 6.
    I think we have the bone structure of a decent team if we go up.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Being in the premiership for me is like coming out of an abusive relationship. You get so much grief you don't want it again and rather be single.
    After the mon era we got battered from pillar to post and I understand why people don't have the stomach for more of the same.
    But it wasn't long ago we were finishing above Tottenham and Liverpool and beating Manu at old Trafford. The 1st season will be all about staying up but as we have seen in the past, with the right man at the helm and a decent investment we can compete with the top 6.
    I think we have the bone structure of a decent team if we go up.
    Have to vehemently disagree with that last statement there Bongo, only Jack and arguably John McGinn have the ability to cut it in the PL, I'm ruling out Tammy as he's on loan. The investment is massive to compete at Top 6 level and it's a lottery as to whether or not it pays off in terms of filling the ground. If the ambition is to do a Man C and have a global fanbase on social media then fair enough provided we don't sell our soul in the process. That's why I like this league, feels like the old First Division

Fair point westcounty but I fear we will loose players like Tammy if we don't go up and we're back to square 1. If we do get promoted I think we will struggle but we do have enough fire power up front to cause problems with Tammy Kodja Bolasie Grealish Mcginn Adomah. Yes we will need some clever signings added but I don't see why we can't emulate wolves in our first season back. Who would you rather play for? Crystal Palace/Huddlesfield/Watford or Villa. If I was a player I know who I would rather play for. It's the reason we attracted the likes of Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Who would you rather play for? Crystal Palace/Huddlesfield/Watford or Villa. If I was a player I know who I would rather play for. It's the reason we attracted the likes of Terry.
    Its a charmingly romantic notion that Bongo

Cruel as this theory may seem, my hunch is the £75,000 per week Villa gave Terry was the deciding factor in his choice of club

With the exception of Leicester City’s astounding achievement the destiny of the Premier League Title is essentially down to which club is prepared throw the most money at it

In fairness Liverpool have only spent £176.95m this term clamouring to he top of the Guano pit

January will see them toss another immense wedge at it

On Merseyside (yawn) Klipperty Klop is being elevated to the level of a legendary deity-like individual with mystic powers

Meanwhile back on planet earth…….. T D is bang on the money in his appraisal !

Just saying loike !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)