+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Rondon-Perez connection

The Rondon-Perez connection

I have been disappointed with Perez over the past couple of seasons, but he and Rondon are easily the best players we have for the up front positions.

I think they are finding each other now, and as we advance theirs will become a decent partnership. I can see why it might work.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I have been disappointed with Perez over the past couple of seasons, but he and Rondon are easily the best players we have for the up front positions.

I think they are finding each other now, and as we advance theirs will become a decent partnership. I can see why it might work.
    I can see what you mean Hughie.

In the past when Perez has been playing well we have had a reasonably decent striker for him to play off.

Let's hope this one works and builds into a good partnership.

Exactly Pat.

Joselu and Gayle, in the Premiership, aren't really forces to be concerned about. Rondon, however, defenders know they must control. This leaves space for Perez - and he needs space to be a decent player. At the same time, he can provide movement that in turn provides space for/to find Rondon. I think that might be the idea. It won't always work, but it will sometimes.

Rondon and Gayle night work together
    But I think we really need a good quality number 10

Agree with all this.

Hopefully they'll click and go on a purple patch.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)