+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warne on his planning for the January transfer window

Warne on his planning for the January transfer window

Not sure what to make of that to be honest,if he thinks our squad is good enough are big enough I’m a little bit worried.

I think what he says in public and what he's trying to do behind the scenes aren't necessarily the same thing
    I'm sure he said he wanted 3 or so last summer and we ended up signing more than that.

I'm happy for him to keep his targets under the radar until it's a done deal

Hope you're right flour because lol is right. We should be looking for incremental improvements not just looking to replace any leavers. A couple of quality signings in January is essential in my opinion.

“I sincerely love the group I have got. If you said to me now that at the end of January nothing will have changed and you'll have the same squad, I'd be happy.

“We've backed them since the summer and they've gone toe to toe with nearly every team.”

Good and true words spoken, however, we are still precariously hanging around the bottom of the table and in reality, I feel we will need to strengthen to allow for any injuries or suspensions or as Warne has stated, any players that may wish to leave.

If a player is going to leave, then they probably won't figure in the side again and that could create unbalance in the side. It's not so easy to just rush out there and get a player. Challenging/perilous times ahead?

The next 8 games are the easiest batch of our remaining season. Warne must get his recruits in in time for the 2 relegation battles in early January. It's absolutely imperative we have amassed enough points to be safe by early March because the end of season run-in is frighteningly horrendous.

What would you expect him to say?

Something like "the current squad isn't good enough and we need better players to make sure we avoid the drop"

That wouldn't do much for team moral and would knock individual players confidence.

He's got to back his current playing staff.

Warne comes across as a very good man manager.

Just sit back and see what January brings.

I’d expect him to say, there’s always room for improvement and I’ll be looking at certain players that might improve the squad.

I hope he fetches Purrington back to give us that option when Mattock dips and doesn’t waste a wage on fetching another LB in on loan
    Last edited by millertop; 04-12-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    What would you expect him to say?

Something like "the current squad isn't good enough and we need better players to make sure we avoid the drop"

That wouldn't do much for team moral and would knock individual players confidence.

He's got to back his current playing staff.

Warne comes across as a very good man manager.

Just sit back and see what January brings.
    Mourihno says just that and it ,s working very well for him-not

Yikes.... Not a happy bunny reading that to be honest.

We will need to recruit in January for sure and that's not an observation that's a fact.

I understand that there is still lots of improvement yet to come from the players and this is a good thing but with everything hinging on the 2nd half of the season we definitely have to sign a few players or gamble on these players keeping us up and that is a massive gamble.

Every manager in every division should be looking to improve the squad they have and not just looking to replace players who leave.

As stated above, not a happy bunny after reading that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast