+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saiz - well well,what a surprise.........

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    Makes Bielsa's comments on Izzy Brown most pertinent. States that Brown isn't quite ready yet. Apparently, Brown is fit and well, but after being out for 10 months he is lacking the 'intensity and strength' for his role...a role which requires dynamic dribbling, sprinting, and movement off either foot. Bielsa says that Brown needs to work on those "small things". So Brown most likely back in January...perfect timing!!
    Season greetings ER disciple Flinty.

Some say for versatility of expression and brilliance of imagery Isaiah (the Prophet) had no superior, not even a rival.........

Lets hope Isaiah (the player) has versatility of expression and brilliance of imagery having no superior,not even a rival..........

Whatever Bielsa (The Messiah) shall make judgement.

MOT

Over to you Rev ...........

Hope we get a lot for him.

One of our most valuable players in the transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Hope we get a lot for him.

One of our most valuable players in the transfer market.
    From Getafe? You have got to be joking.

He'll definetly go for waaaaaaay below his value because there is no way they could afford him.

I'm curious what his problem is. If its a personal issue then fine, nobody will hold it against him, but not being able to settle is bs. He has been here for 1,5 years, the fans love him for a good reason, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    From Getafe? You have got to be joking.

He'll definetly go for waaaaaaay below his value because there is no way they could afford him.

I'm curious what his problem is. If its a personal issue then fine, nobody will hold it against him, but not being able to settle is bs. He has been here for 1,5 years, the fans love him for a good reason, come on.
    Hi Cress - the problem is a series of problems that are personal and the club is in an awkward position.

I cannot disclose on here exactly what but my mate Moscow White will disclose 'some of the issues' on his exclusive The Square Ball column that hopefully is up and running tonight .............

Maybe later when I know the story is run it'll pop up on 'ere from a subscriber to Moscows fantastic in depth scribblings usually okayed by Angus Kinnear.

MOT

ok ...........
    Moscow Whites 'gist of some of the matters' involved ........... in his words now public.

pre-2015 Saiz goes from one Madrid B team to another (Real, Getafe, Atletico) but parties too much to get anywhere
    Aug 2015 his partner Elena Milla has their daughter, and reports a difficult birth
    2015-2017 Saiz has two revelatory seasons at Huesca, fulfilling potential like he's grown up
    Feb 2017 Elena reveals she's been treated and operated on for "a precancerous condition"; says it has been a hard time but she's healthy now
    Summer 2017 Saiz, on holiday with his family, spends ages choosing between Huesca (promoted to La Liga), other interest from La Liga, Leeds
    2017-18 Saiz comes to Leeds, does well, gets kicked, loses heart after the spitting/Heckingbottom
    July 2018 Elena goes to the gynaecologist as she's pregnant again. Discovers she was due to have twins, but "one of them did not come through."

Phil Hay's been reporting Saiz has wanted to move back to Spain since the summer, so it's not hard to deduce that after that news Samu and Elena have looked at their lives in Leeds, looked at her health and their worries for the surviving twin, and thought, let's just go back to Madrid if we can.

Elena wrote on Instagram recently, "Monday exhausting and preparing bags that we return home for Christmas, finally my baby will be born in Spain (I have to say that here the treatment has been exceptional) but there I have my gynecologist who is trustworthy and I will be more calm. my best gift for these holidays without a doubt happy family week."

As I put it in the article: 'It’s easy to imagine that being pregnant might be easier for Elena in Madrid, where her family is, where she speaks the language; where her partner Samu might be able to find work that pays the same but that doesn’t require such long, Bielsa-imposed hours; where he might find more professional satisfaction swerving the touch-tackling of La Liga than feeling the no-holds barred assaults of the Championship. To a Leeds United fan who has spent fif**** years trying to tunnel back to the Premier League with a bent pin, turning away from glory now, when it’s so close, sounds insane. But if all you want from life is home, health, happiness and nutmegs, refusing to let yourself turn towards that opportunity would be loco, even if it means turning back.'

I guess the problem Leeds United have is Real Madrid won't be bidding £100million for him, so we're having to deal with Getafe, and it feels to me like Getafe's cash flow is influencing the loan-before-permanent transfer because they can't afford him now, but he needs to go now.

If above is all fact then let him move on back to Spain and have his family life he wants, put izzy in his place and we all move on.

Agree. Izzy will be the piece in the jigsaw that hopefully catapults us into the Prem. I’m hoping with a few matches behind him he’ll be back to his majestic self. Izzy won’t go missing and perhaps understands the English game much better than Sammy who does go missing in games, despite his unquestionable talent.

Good luck to Sammy if he goes. On form he is a class act but not sure he was the “Bielsa” type of player.

Been in a situation where a decision between a move back to family was up against a possibility of making a temporary financially beneficial situation permanent. Chose the route back to family, and have lived to regret it, because although blood is thicker than water the only person looking out for you is you.

Saiz may have been a member of a promotion winning team and multiplied his value many times, something he may well come to regret even sooner than I did in my situation. All he had to do was wait 5 months (even if his wife returned for the confinement), very short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Season greetings ER disciple Flinty.

Some say for versatility of expression and brilliance of imagery Isaiah (the Prophet) had no superior, not even a rival.........

Lets hope Isaiah (the player) has versatility of expression and brilliance of imagery having no superior,not even a rival..........

Whatever Bielsa (The Messiah) shall make judgement.

MOT

Over to you Rev ...........
    …and seasons greetings to you and all, Mrs.O.
    Just a thought. My initial feelings about Saiz leaving mid-season were mild panic. On his day he’s one of the best players in the division. I was hoping he’d recover his form and so deliver us to the promised land. But then I got to remembering that Saiz ain’t the ‘messiah’, Bielsa is…and like any top notch messiah he’s working miracles. Honestly, this season is starting to feel ‘Leicester-ish’. At season start, we were at best an under-equipped, mid-table quality squad, but if someone had told me of the depth and longevity of key injuries to come, then I’d have been worrying about our survival in the division. But, lo and behold we’re second…five points clear of third place, and successfully using untested ****agers to fill the many gaps. So I’m beginning to wonder if this is ‘our season’; one where the emotional and psychological gods are all in alignment…empowering the squad to believe that nothing can stop them…not even losing their little magician.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Been in a situation where a decision between a move back to family was up against a possibility of making a temporary financially beneficial situation permanent. Chose the route back to family, and have lived to regret it, because although blood is thicker than water the only person looking out for you is you.

Saiz may have been a member of a promotion winning team and multiplied his value many times, something he may well come to regret even sooner than I did in my situation. All he had to do was wait 5 months (even if his wife returned for the confinement), very short sighted.
    Because your circumstances didn't work out for the best, it doesn't mean it has to be the same for everyone though. If he were to have issues with the other child and not be present, perhaps his conscience would not allow him to recover from it. I guess it boils down to whether individuals prioritise finance over everything else.
    Last edited by Ozwhites; 15-12-2018 at 12:19 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)