+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saiz - well well,what a surprise.........

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Been in a situation where a decision between a move back to family was up against a possibility of making a temporary financially beneficial situation permanent. Chose the route back to family, and have lived to regret it, because although blood is thicker than water the only person looking out for you is you.

Saiz may have been a member of a promotion winning team and multiplied his value many times, something he may well come to regret even sooner than I did in my situation. All he had to do was wait 5 months (even if his wife returned for the confinement), very short sighted.
    your two posts on this thread really highlight what a dick you are.

Regards the value... he's still got 2.5 years left on his contract so why would business Leeds let him go for less than they think he's worth? Compassion? Doubt it!

1) Because of Samu's family issues. Its a shame we'll lose him but knowing what his family is going through, it would be disgraceful to disallow a move back to Madrid. So yes, compassion.
    2) Getafe is not a rich club. Its not like they don't want to pay a big fee for him, rather, they CAN'T. I'd be surprised if we get anything close to 8m because that would mean them blowing their entire budget on one player.

I'm really confused by this situation if it is true we are letting him go to Getafe for no loan fee, with us still paying his wages and with an option to buy clause of 6m

I'm all for compassion and letting him head back to Spain but there comes a point where its a bit stupid to be letting it be this easy. Even the 6m is ridiculous for a player of his quality.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    your two posts on this thread really highlight what a dick you are.
    Just go f00k off, you sanctimonious tw4t

Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    1) Because of Samu's family issues. Its a shame we'll lose him but knowing what his family is going through, it would be disgraceful to disallow a move back to Madrid. So yes, compassion.
    2) Getafe is not a rich club. Its not like they don't want to pay a big fee for him, rather, they CAN'T. I'd be surprised if we get anything close to 8m because that would mean them blowing their entire budget on one player.
    Joel, reading between the lines and making a few assumptions, I would suggest that it is quite possible that the mental health of Saiz had deteriorated to a really dangerous level. Allowing Saiz & family to settle back in Spain, without extra stress/ pressure could well be a really important step in recovery.

Also on the Cynical PR side of things, not many clubs show such support for players, which could really help with future recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Joel, reading between the lines and making a few assumptions, I would suggest that it is quite possible that the mental health of Saiz had deteriorated to a really dangerous level. Allowing Saiz & family to settle back in Spain, without extra stress/ pressure could well be a really important step in recovery.

Also on the Cynical PR side of things, not many clubs show such support for players, which could really help with future recruitment.
    OMG, are we turning into some kind of Social Services outreach programme? The guy is paid more in a month than most of us get paid in a year, he can afford to have whom in Spain and commute to Leeds for training and games if he wished and all of a sudden we're supposed to feel all kind of soft and fluffy because his wife is expecting?

FFS although he wasn't all that we expected at least Lassogga knew who paid his wages and where his priorities lay whilst he was with us.

And as for all you weeping heart do-gooding tree-huggers, get f00king real, wake up and smell the f00king coffee, Saiz is (supposedly) a professional footballer, payed a kings ransom to kick a pigs bladder round a field. He's NOT a staff sarge taking a squad into harms way whilst his wife is about to give birth, keeeeeerrrrriisssstttt all f00king mighty!👹👹👹

Was just entertaining myself watching our first two games, Saiz was a major part of those two victories, so yes, when he's on song he's a brilliant player. The problem is that, as we've seen last season and this season, when he isn't on song then he's a passenger (and at times a liability) - and clearly he's a sulky git, so if he wants away then the brilliant Saiz we've seen occasionally is not going to be seen again for us - and on that basis whatever the rights and wrongs there's no point moaning about it, he's better off gone, because the brilliant Saiz has already gone, and isn't coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    OMG, are we turning into some kind of Social Services outreach programme? The guy is paid more in a month than most of us get paid in a year, he can afford to have whom in Spain and commute to Leeds for training and games if he wished and all of a sudden we're supposed to feel all kind of soft and fluffy because his wife is expecting?

FFS although he wasn't all that we expected at least Lassogga knew who paid his wages and where his priorities lay whilst he was with us.

And as for all you weeping heart do-gooding tree-huggers, get f00king real, wake up and smell the f00king coffee, Saiz is (supposedly) a professional footballer, payed a kings ransom to kick a pigs bladder round a field. He's NOT a staff sarge taking a squad into harms way whilst his wife is about to give birth, keeeeeerrrrriisssstttt all f00king mighty!👹👹👹
    WTF, Saiz & his Wife have just lost an unborn child. Which is absolutely devestating for any couple. This situation has nothing to do with income & professionalism and can't be compared to Lassogga.

This is why they will now move heaven & earth to do everything in their power to make sure the surviving twin is born healthy. In this case moving back to Spain is the choice they have made.

The club imo are very aware of these difficult circumstances and realise that helping Saiz at this time is the right thing to do and the move is about more than finance.

Of course this is assuming that we have been given accurate inside information, which I have no reason to doubt.
    Last edited by LeedsFTW; 17-12-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Like I said before, the whys and wherefores are irrelevant, it's happened, he's gone, the end. It's like arguing over why it's just rained.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)