+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saiz - well well,what a surprise.........

Saiz - well well,what a surprise.........

Phil Hay ...... one hour ago.
    A major development at Leeds and somewhat out the blue - Getafe looking to do a deal for Samuel Saiz. Saiz unhappy in England and wants to go back to Spain. Could be set for a parting of ways.

Mmmm,out of the blue Phil ?
    Saiz missus been AWOL in their gaff at Alwoodly Leeds for a while mate !

MOT

Would that be why he's not being picked. Have we been getting used to him not being here?

So virtually every other Championship club, and absolutely every PL club, stuffs its 1st team full of foreign imports, and they STAY. Yet Leeds have fewer than most, and we can't encourage one of the most creative, destructive (to opposition defences) on his day, to stick around. FFS!

Like you say, on his day brilliant, just lately a bit off, seems his home life is affecting him.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So virtually every other Championship club, and absolutely every PL club, stuffs its 1st team full of foreign imports, and they STAY. Yet Leeds have fewer than most, and we can't encourage one of the most creative, destructive (to opposition defences) on his day, to stick around. FFS!

.......... err, the clues were there since August when he turned up for training in a top end Merc tank with new Spanish plates & his abode on the market.

Looking at Brexit,the exchange rates,his personal circumstances,his age and Pablo & him not connecting in all honesty it was a no brainer for all parties and obviously rewarding for his Agent for using 'personal circumstances' contract wise.
    I'll miss him anyway as his maverick style was great on the eyes - wish him well whatever happens ........

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    .......... err, the clues were there since August when he turned up for training in a top end Merc tank with new Spanish plates & his abode on the market.

Looking at Brexit,the exchange rates,his personal circumstances,his age and Pablo & him not connecting in all honesty it was a no brainer for all parties and obviously rewarding for his Agent for using 'personal circumstances' contract wise.
    I'll miss him anyway as his maverick style was great on the eyes - wish him well whatever happens ........

MOT
    Pablo and Siaz not connecting what games have you been watching Mrs O, Now do not get me wrong i hate his antics ie mainly the foreign imaginary cards thing and all that, But every game from the bench he makes a difference, If we have any ambition to go up this season then we must do everything we can to keep him at the very least until the end of the season, Even if its just from the bench, Yes frustrating at times as he is the type of players that will lose the ball because of the way he plays but he is a class act at this level, A must keep for now.

Meh, not adding much value at the moment, petered out second half of last season. I'll get over it......

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Pablo and Siaz not connecting what games have you been watching Mrs O, Now do not get me wrong i hate his antics ie mainly the foreign imaginary cards thing and all that, But every game from the bench he makes a difference, If we have any ambition to go up this season then we must do everything we can to keep him at the very least until the end of the season, Even if its just from the bench, Yes frustrating at times as he is the type of players that will lose the ball because of the way he plays but he is a class act at this level, A must keep for now.
    ...............don't worry Pete I won't send Marley over the seats to have 'words'.

I liked Saiz,so do my kids,a terrace idol for them for sure with a catchy song too.

..... my emphasis on 'connecting' ?

Just felt last two seasons him and Pablo lacked consistent fluidity when starting together within the team framework - this season 'off the bench' yes he's been effective but for me ........... it's like driving the family Fiat Ducato Van as you never knew what was going to happen next and then we got the Euro 6 version with a 6 speed box and wow,what a difference !

Many times yapping to our fans after games the general consensus was if only we had Wendies Forestieri,an Argentinian,to stick self made chances into goals - that was my only issue with Saiz ability - goals or lack of 'em.

He's from Madrid so I suppose it's a (manufactured) dream move for him and his family if it happens with Getafe who'll pay him a decent wedge no doubt too to ply his tools in the top league.Could Bielsa improve him ? I have my doubts.

The club knew the score and obviously have targeted replacements from either outside or inside.

MOT
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 13-12-2018 at 11:06 PM.

He wants out by the looks of it so feck him..great timing tho (not).

Hope we get a good price for him.
    Last edited by Rev72; 13-12-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Makes Bielsa's comments on Izzy Brown most pertinent. States that Brown isn't quite ready yet. Apparently, Brown is fit and well, but after being out for 10 months he is lacking the 'intensity and strength' for his role...a role which requires dynamic dribbling, sprinting, and movement off either foot. Bielsa says that Brown needs to work on those "small things". So Brown most likely back in January...perfect timing!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)