+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/t long long time ago.

One of the biggest cause of road accidents in Dcotland is the ‘born again’ motor bikers who have their own interpretation of the Highway Code and do not give a toss about other road users.
    I no longer travel to and from Dundee to Islay on the A85 on a Sunday as the road is full of motor bikers who congregate at the Green Welly car park in Tyndrum. These motor bikers overtake vehicles on blind corners and weave amongst the traffic. They also do not adhere to the laid down speed limit.
    Police Scotland should have a high presence and speed checks every Sunday on the A85 between Lochearnhead and Crianlarich and also in the A82 between Crianlarich and Tyndrum. They would either remove a large number of motor bikers from these stretches of the A85 and A82 or ensure that these motor bikers obey the Highway Code.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    One of the biggest cause of road accidents in Dcotland is the ‘born again’ motor bikers who have their own interpretation of the Highway Code and do not give a toss about other road users.
    I no longer travel to and from Dundee to Islay on the A85 on a Sunday as the road is full of motor bikers who congregate at the Green Welly car park in Tyndrum. These motor bikers overtake vehicles on blind corners and weave amongst the traffic. They also do not adhere to the laid down speed limit.
    Police Scotland should have a high presence and speed checks every Sunday on the A85 between Lochearnhead and Crianlarich and also in the A82 between Crianlarich and Tyndrum. They would either remove a large number of motor bikers from these stretches of the A85 and A82 or ensure that these motor bikers obey the Highway Code.
    As a shall we say seasoned biker I agree with your view to a degree ,the road you speak of always did have a high police presence whenever I have used it on Sundays at least.
    Modern bikes are simply way too powerful for UK roads ,my last bike was a sports 600cc and was capable of almost 150mph if you so desired but that was never the reason I had any of my bikes it's just a bike thing and if you don't have it you'll never get it I suppose.
    The born agains are what give good bikers a bad name the are a phucking liability that's for sure but there are plenty dick head car drivers also ,firmly believe I'm a far better driver for having bikes over the years regards awareness ,car only drivers don't look past the end of their bonnet by much ,bikers look as far as they can ahead at least that's what I was taught.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)