+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Corry Evans

Corry Evans

Deserves a thread.. Signs on for 2 more years. Overall IMO he's been a decent signing that's grown and grown in importance over the seasons. For me he's now a key player. Delighted TM has persuaded him to stay with our little 'project'..

Yes another piece of the puzzle in place
    He gets a lot of unwarranted stick but defensive midfielders are never going to score 20 goals a season or never pull off match winning saves but they play a crucial role in the team
    Evans form has been great this season and totally deserves the new contract.

Interesting description from TM too. He obviously sees Evans as having a DIFFERENT role from Smallwood's.
    He's not an aggressive, hard-tackling ball-winner like Smallwood; he's more about patrolling, intercepting and picking up loose balls.

I'm still miffed he missed a 3 yard sitter at Boro on sat to put us 2 up and a long way to getting 3 valuable away points. I do think he could weigh in with more goals, as he plays more advanced than Smallwood, who IS the type of CM I wouldn't expect to score many. Evans should get more.

He has improved, that said he was woeful for a spell. Another who has benefitted massively from TM coming in. Like a lot of the older gang, was going nowhere, and now is key to us playing well.

Its becoming a bit of a retirement club this, that's my slight concern. I just hope some of these guys don't start taking it slightly easier now.
    I believe contract stuff should only every be done pre-season. No distractions

Interesting well balanced thoughts there Champs, I do know where you are coming from.
    I've questioned over CE during his 'long 'off spell', but he's seems to have improved quite a bit recently.
    It's that fine balance between maturity and hunger that managers earn their corn.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)