+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I wonder what the players

I wonder what the players

...think about each other.

Tommy Cassidy said that he'd been to the training ground and the players were saying they needed new faces in January. Got me wondering if it wasn't just the obvious need for more cover-what do the players make of each other?

Obviously, they'll be thinking 'oh, we need cover at LB' but are they also thinking 'man, we are fucked cos, much as he's my teammate, Javier Manquillo is bloody awful. Why, I'd even wager that fans call him Wanquillo'....

I dunno....I'm sure there are people all of us work with who we think are shite at their job (and if you don't think that then, chances are, you're the shite one! ) but you keep quiet to keep the peace or, if they're your mate, you see things from their perspective and make excuses for them.

Or, do you think that, say, Shelvey looks at an amazing ball he's just put on a sixpence for joselu and thinks 'I bet that useless bastad fecks it up'...does Dummett watch Diame unleash a shot from 35 yards-straight into the midriff of either the nearest opposition player or the auld fella in Row Z and think 'howay, man' you're shite at shooting, that was NEVER going to work!' Does Ritchie look at Perez falling over for the billionth time or losing the ball after running down ANOTHER blind alley for the zillionth time and think 'I'm sick off playing with this knob'

Just some Friday night frontier gibberish. Apologies.

I think a lot of them just see us as a stepping stone to a big club or the last big pay packet after the top 6 or 7 teams .

I think every player sees almost every club as a stepping stone, it's just they are not so vocal about it anymore as we don't sell the club in that way.

I think some can't believe they have another chance in the prem. . . cough. . . Wanquellio.

As a group though, they all seem quite tight. No obvious cliques like we've had in the past.

They must all know that Elliot, Darlow, Manquillo, Hayden, Diame, Atsu, Perez, Muto and Joselu are all nowhere near the quality we need....

Makes you wonder if they are full of their own Shiite and actually believe they are world class. I don't think any would be playing in a top 10 team ,or many other prem teams come to think about it... With exception of Dub and lascelles ( who's form has dropped off alarmingly)

There are cliques in every team, whether top of the Prem or Sunday morning parks football.

I'd think most of ours are among the least to deserve to be cliquish though.

Wonder if any of the players look at Perez sticking his fingers in his ears and think 'you've got a cheek, the way you've been playing!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Wonder if any of the players look at Perez sticking his fingers in his ears and think 'you've got a cheek, the way you've been playing!'
    I suspect a lot think - fair play, you've shown them who have been on your back.

None of us look dispassionately at the situation, we look as fans and they are looking at their friend or colleague.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)