+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Much improved

Much improved

Performance today.. Deserved a point ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Performance today.. Deserved a point ..
    … . .

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Trouble is, its not constant Alf, I expect blips during the game, but too many poor crosses from professionals, too many long balls into no mans land by professionals, not enough movement from professionals, poor judgement from professionals and a Manager who leaves it too late every game to help us save the day, effort, blood sweat and tears is not enough.

Yes BT, but its not negativity, its the Truth, unfortunately

Agreed Alf.

I was dreading today with Defour, Brady, JBG and Lennon all missing from the midfield.

Could easily have got at least a point.

At least the fixtures look a little easier now.

We are in need of a couple of quick wins now.

Still hopeful.

Burnley battled and deserved a point but Friend (not of ours!) bottled it.

How many more decisions are Arsenal gunner get against us?

Nailed on penalty (at 2-1) not given.

Another offside injury time goal for them.

Sorry Super, but with VAR we would have at least drawn today.

Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    How many more decisions are Arsenal gunner get against us?

Nailed on penalty (at 2-1) not given.

Another offside injury time goal for them.

Sorry Super, but with VAR we would have at least drawn today.

Grrr.
    Not VAR to blame today ---just a very poor display by the officials who should be able to spot those decisions which went against us! A blatant push in the back on Kevin Long and an offside which should have been given but wasn't.
    The worst decision today though was much earlier than that when after the little fracas between Barnes and Socratis, Mister Friend cautioned Ashley but just let Socratis get away with his misdemeanour, even though Maitland-Niles had also got involved in the incident. Shortly after, Socratis was turned by Ashley and was then pulled down --a stonewall yellow which should have been his second and he should have walked! Wood was cautioned for going for a ball which he had every right to go for with the keeper coming out of his area to head and Wood watching the ball and no intent to kick the keeper. Westwood was wrongly booked and I think that Cork was also very unlucky.
    Meanwhile they were falling over at the slightest touch trying to con the officials and succeeded several times and no amount of VAR will stop that!

If I am honest, I am becoming disillsuioned with the way the whole game is going at the top level and I still have every sympathy for the officials who are being instructed to officiate in a manner which is foreign to the game I love!!

Rant over!!

much improved ?.....am I still not convinced - goal was a lucky deflection that went to Barnes - the few better chances we made were fluffed (Wood and Cork) and built few others against an Arsenal that's known defensively....not to be at it's best - something we can be, just as long as we have every man protecting the goal - Plus points for battling hard, giving it our all, but what exactly does that mean when compaired to a more laid back, relaxed Arsenal ?

Arsenal were there for the taking today.If we had got the necessary personnel in the Summer then we would have won that match today.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

much improved ?.....am I still not convinced - goal was a lucky deflection that went to Barnes - the few better chances we made were fluffed (Wood and Cork) and built few others against an Arsenal that's known defensively....not to be at it's best - something we can be, just as long as we have every man protecting the goal - Plus points for battling hard, giving it our all, but what exactly does that mean when compaired to a more laid back, relaxed Arsenal ?

Compared..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Compared..
    glad were thinking along the same lynes - Alf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)