+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FACUP! I’m going to put his up, and expect to get shot down anyway

FACUP! I’m going to put his up, and expect to get shot down anyway

Ok,
    So the FACUP is special. I get that. And it’s a glory hunters paradise. They all come in on the last few rounds and scramble round for the tickets. Parky, Dickie, And a few other ex Emmerdale Wannabes.
    What I didn’t ralise when I paid £650 quid for two season tickets, and travelled to Bradford, Accrington. Sunderland, Peterborough, Coventry, S****horpe Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Rochdale Bradford amd 2 pre seasons friendliest was that when I paid my season ticket money, I was going to be behind people who had not been to all the home matches and all these away games, yet turned up for two first round games and merelypaid on the day.
    Has GG not realised the “ Lifetime value of a customer}.......
    And yes, I understand that “ When you are a fan you should got to them all,..... I really do.
    Yet when there’s overnight travel and two of you or a family, then you make a choice.
    League, or cup,
    To me, the allocation for Burnley away is absolute BolloX.
    A fan who merely turns out for the two,FA cup games gets priority over people with 10 away stubs amd a season ticket is just cr@p.
    And before you all jump down my throat, and say “ You should have gone to FA cup 1 and 2 rounds......... What if I had Been on holiday.... ?

Stinks does this......
    I buy into the club, season tickets, and away games. Yet stand behind a FACUP GLORY HUNTER who attends two games !
    What business people run this club?.. Short sighted idiots

Surely nobody will want to 'shoot you down' and argue with any of those comments Jules. And Id be surprised if anybody does!.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Ok,
    So the FACUP is special. I get that. And it’s a glory hunters paradise. They all come in on the last few rounds and scramble round for the tickets. Parky, Dickie, And a few other ex Emmerdale Wannabes.
    What I didn’t ralise when I paid £650 quid for two season tickets, and travelled to Bradford, Accrington. Sunderland, Peterborough, Coventry, S****horpe Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Rochdale Bradford amd 2 pre seasons friendliest was that when I paid my season ticket money, I was going to be behind people who had not been to all the home matches and all these away games, yet turned up for two first round games and merelypaid on the day.
    Has GG not realised the “ Lifetime value of a customer}.......
    And yes, I understand that “ When you are a fan you should got to them all,..... I really do.
    Yet when there’s overnight travel and two of you or a family, then you make a choice.
    League, or cup,
    To me, the allocation for Burnley away is absolute BolloX.
    A fan who merely turns out for the two,FA cup games gets priority over people with 10 away stubs amd a season ticket is just cr@p.
    And before you all jump down my throat, and say “ You should have gone to FA cup 1 and 2 rounds......... What if I had Been on holiday.... ?

Stinks does this......
    I buy into the club, season tickets, and away games. Yet stand behind a FACUP GLORY HUNTER who attends two games !
    What business people run this club?.. Short sighted idiots
    There was always a price to pay for FA cup snobbery against Notts County @ a tenner ( £10 )

Around 6k fans found something better to do .

Suck it up buttercup .

I can’t believe that you can get tickets to Burnley, just for going to two games, when season ticket holders are place behind fans who just “turn up for the cup”
    This Fecking club astounds me .........
    I’m furious..... So much so, I could go to the John Smiths next season.......
    Who the hell is the Commersial Manager..... He needs fecking with a wire brush!
    So they value fans who turn up twice a season, more than their season ticket holders, and season ticket holders who fecking travel all over!!!
    Sh!t Management, just Sh!te

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There was always a price to pay for FA cup snobbery against Notts County @ a tenner ( £10 )

Around 6k fans found something better to do .

Suck it up buttercup .
    Let’s hope your “ Ive got better things to do attitude bites YOU ON THE a*rse”
    You’ve posted many times this season how you have the opportunity to go, yet didn’t....” a warm fire , family etc, “
    yet when I decide to miss FACUP as we’ve spent £2k already this season with traveL, hotels, and tickets then IM A BUTTERCUP!!!!... Thers no snobbery in spending to go to Matches as we have...... No “pretence” in sayin...” I’m off to Accrington, who wants to Mek one in”? WE GO.
    So You went to two FACUP matches? Smile, take your tickets to Burnley, Well done Animal....... !

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Let’s hope your “ Ive got better things to do attitude bites YOU ON THE a*rse”
    You’ve posted many times this season how you have the opportunity to go, yet didn’t....” a warm fire , family etc, “
    yet when I decide to miss FACUP as we’ve spent £2k already this season with traveL, hotels, and tickets then IM A BUTTERCUP!!!!... Thers no snobbery in spending to go to Matches as we have...... No “pretence” in sayin...” I’m off to Accrington, who wants to Mek one in”? WE GO.
    So You went to two FACUP matches? Smile, take your tickets to Burnley, Well done Animal....... !
    Steady on I only went to the Notts game @ a tenner ( £10 )

Nobody needs to do the hotel thing , that's a lifestyle choice , this isn't the NFL and a road game scenario .

Clearly the club felt they had to honour the faithful 5k and not the 6k who had better things to do .

I'm with the club on this , respect the FA cup and the FA cup will respect you is how I see it .

I think anyone who could be arsed to turn up for the early rounds of the FA Cup should get first dibs at tickets. Its the right thing for me and rewards them for taking an interest in the competition early rounds.

Season ticket holders will easily get a ticket for Burnley anyway, they’re not that far down the pecking order. We’ll probably not sell the allocation anyway.

When the club send out the Early Bird ST letter/e-mail next Spring/early Summer to generate cash flow at that time they should make it clear that putting in your cash up front for the benefit of the club will not guarantee any benefit regarding Cup ticket allocation.
    It's a bit like the energy and insurance companies in that long term loyalty has no reward but, in fact, the opposite.

E
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    When the club send out the Early Bird ST letter/e-mail next Spring/early Summer to generate cash flow at that time they should make it clear that putting in your cash up front for the benefit of the club will not guarantee any benefit regarding Cup ticket allocation.
    It's a bit like the energy and insurance companies in that long term loyalty has no reward but, in fact, the opposite.
    And had they done that I would have been accepting of the situation. As you say SB, When you put money up front in previou years the season ticket made a difference. I get Animals point about the hotels, and also the “Respect the cup and it’ll respect you” However this changed, and like SB said, it should be made clear in future. Was this done for the Man Citeh U23 game? Will it be done in future , ie the Checkatrade next year and should we play friendly against Everton as the last friendly pre season will they use the same criteria...you need to have been to P**istone Church game and Frickley before ordering ...... Stupid Level that I know but, what’s annoyed me is the Punishment to fans who stayed away has only been done who pay up front ( ie, season ticket holders)has been introduced without as SB says notifying season ticket holders that it would be done this way.
    What they have actually said is that there are now two criteria. League and Cup categories, and your season ticket will only get you priority over a Pay as You Go fan for the Cup. So a guy who attends Oakwell TWICE ONLY in a season (only for rounds 1 and 2 ) gets Priority over a season ticket holder for round 3.... STUPID,

Wouldn’t stop me renewing season tickets, but the way it’s been done on the sly this season is a mistake.

Make it CLEAR next time Mr Lee. When you send the renewal out, that this will happen. No Problem with that.
    Last edited by Jules88; 15-12-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That's about the right call SB .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast