+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Tranmere Rovers 15.12.18

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've only gone and WON A GAME!

Stead - my new hero!
    Surprised it has taken you so long to appreciate the outstanding "senior pro" in the team. He will lead us to safety.

I thought we did well today, annoyed we let in two but the importance of this win can't be understated against a team in the playoff battle. Like others have said if we sort out the right /left back issue in Jan then we should be fine.

Well played Notts, great battling performance in tricky conditions. Makes such a huge difference having Steady back to hold the ball up and bring others into the game. Huge credit to Davies in midfield, too - he actually won the ball and retained possession, which isn’t how we normally do things in midfield. Also impressed by Thomas, who won us the decisive penalty.

Best thing was how we kept going forward when we went 3-2 up and didn’t drop deep. Can’t remember them looking like equalising (in fact, they only had one other great chance, when Ross made a great save at 2-2.

Finally, well done to Neal Ardley. He says all the right things in his interviews, but it means nothing if you don’t get a performance on the Saturday. Onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I thought we did well today, annoyed we let in two but the importance of this win can't be understated against a team in the playoff battle. Like others have said if we sort out the right /left back issue in Jan then we should be fine.
    Plus a ball winner in midfield and a centre half

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Good performance although today was about getting a result. We know where the weakness are in the team but Ardley has got the cards he has to play with, if we can get a bit of an unbeaten run going we may be ok.
    Well it was a win. We still concede goals that would make Notts Schoolboys blush but heyhoo, it's a win, who cares. Let's hope we can go on a bit of an unbeaten run for 24 games or so.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Well played Notts, great battling performance in tricky conditions. Makes such a huge difference having Steady back to hold the ball up and bring others into the game. Huge credit to Davies in midfield, too - he actually won the ball and retained possession, which isn’t how we normally do things in midfield. Also impressed by Thomas, who won us the decisive penalty.

Best thing was how we kept going forward when we went 3-2 up and didn’t drop deep. Can’t remember them looking like equalising (in fact, they only had one other great chance, when Ross made a great save at 2-2.

Finally, well done to Neal Ardley. He says all the right things in his interviews, but it means nothing if you don’t get a performance on the Saturday. Onwards and upwards!
    Apart from Thomas who I thought was ok, I agree with everything else. Great to see players who looked like they cared again and announcing Stead as MOTM was not a hard decision.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely priceless win... oh my god they like to put us fans through the ringer!!!! other results actually went in our way also.... is this a sign of things to come from Ardley??? lets all hope so!!!
    As you say Irish Pie. "Let's all hope so." However, disappointed with all your negative posts in this thread.
    i.e. Post numbers 5/18/23/26/36/39/41 and 58. A positive attitude would make much better reading!

Well that was such a massive win and it can’t be understated. Especially against a team knocking on the door of the playoffs. It’s going to really lift morale and gets us a point from safety. This sets us up nicely for the Christmas and New Year fixtures.

Also with us playing Grimsby and Macclesfield next these are more important games than when we play teams in the top half.

What I liked about today is that we actually looked like a football team again and there were far more battling qualities. Jon Stead is the ultimate consummate professional and I know some on here scoffed when he was given an extra year but he is invaluable.

I thought Davies in midfield was a good idea and think he worked well. We are much stronger with Hemmings and Stead up top and a Thomas had a good game. We’ve got goals in this team but we still need to improve defensively as it is far too easy for the opposition to score by us tracking back and not putting a foot in or giving the opposing players free headers or too much time and space in the box.

The reality is we won’t sign or get rid of a aload of players in Jan so if Neal Ardley can get the best out of what he’s got and make a few key signings in January hopefully this will be enough.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast