+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good line up

Good line up

Love it

Except for Cavare who I would gladly drive to Manchester airport FOC .

wish tha were driving me to airport freezing here

I hope we aren't going to be regretting throwing another 2 home points away, even if it was against the league leaders.

We were the betta side by a long way , I don't know how they are top of the league , things must just be going there way, we should have been at least 3 up by half time , seen better sides than Pompey down here this season , Donny for example , shocking performances from Mowatt and Moore (dud) my MOM was Woodrow easily , Moncur and Potts , Pinillos , had decent games , to give the award to Pinnock amazes me , Pompey were never really much threat
    decent Ref for a change today , long way to go yes , I wouldn't swap our squad for theirs on today's performance , 2 pts dropped IMO

Agree Roma. Definetly feels like two points dropped. Wouldn't be reight fussed if Moore fcuked off in january total powder puff.

Was glad Lindsay dint play looked more solid at back with Jackson.

Another Cauley Woodrow type player in january is an absolute must.

David Ball anyone?

Aar bottled it yisterdi. Car wo covered all ovva in ice and windda sills ed icicles hanging darn so a thought bugga this and turned back into arse.

Good to hear wi laiked o'reyt.

Ov cooarse inna league tha laiks ivverybody else ooam and away and we wernt to know it when fixtures came art buurits worked art that the first quarter of the season wor mainly ageeanst the poorer teams and we are up ageean the better teams this second quarter so the early season giddiness ez nar settled darn. Wiv only got 2 pts arta last possible 12 and if we looiz at Blackie next Setdi we will drop to 8th. It's time to purra good run together or will find arssens evvin a lot to do later on.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Aar bottled it yisterdi. Car wo covered all ovva in ice and windda sills ed icicles hanging darn so a thought bugga this and turned back into arse.

Good to hear wi laiked o'reyt.

Ov cooarse inna league tha laiks ivverybody else ooam and away and we wernt to know it when fixtures came art buurits worked art that the first quarter of the season wor mainly ageeanst the poorer teams and we are up ageean the better teams this second quarter so the early season giddiness ez nar settled darn. Wiv only got 2 pts arta last possible 12 and if we looiz at Blackie next Setdi we will drop to 8th. It's time to purra good run together or will find arssens evvin a lot to do later on.
    Never really had a settled team SB this campaign .

When Bradshaw left and Woodrow got injured in training and nobody else to partner Moore .

Dougall and Davies called up by their country's .

Dougall getting injured .

Pinillos getting injured .

Hedges and Isgrove never fit .

Potts getting injured when playing very well .

Players coming in and not playing in their preferred roles .

Squad rotation .

Inconsistency of Thiam , Moore to an extent and Cavare .

Some of this is out of Stendel's control but some of it isn't , leaving Woodrow out against Donny for instance .

All very fragmented in my opinion .

To get back in to contention for the top two we will need to rattle off 6 or 7 wins on the bounce and I don't see us having that kind of run in us .

We could go to Blackpool next week and win 4-0 or we could lose 3-0 and you wouldn't be surprised .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    We were the betta side by a long way , I don't know how they are top of the league , things must just be going there way, we should have been at least 3 up by half time , seen better sides than Pompey down here this season , Donny for example , shocking performances from Mowatt and Moore (dud) my MOM was Woodrow easily , Moncur and Potts , Pinillos , had decent games , to give the award to Pinnock amazes me , Pompey were never really much threat
    decent Ref for a change today , long way to go yes , I wouldn't swap our squad for theirs on today's performance , 2 pts dropped IMO
    It's a difficult one with Moore and I'm like you on him , lukewarm .

The goals hide many flaws but he does get goals at this level .

Sometimes I wonder whether he upsets the balance of the side .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's a difficult one with Moore and I'm like you on him , lukewarm .

The goals hide many flaws but he does get goals at this level .

Sometimes I wonder whether he upsets the balance of the side .
    We're better when we keep it on the deck and build our attacks through Woodrow. When we lump it up to Moore it doesn't stick and we lose impetus in our play and it becomes more fragmented.

Also Moore is out of form. He moves out of goal scoring areas for fear of missing. He's lost his Mojo. There were some good balls into box on saturday and Moore was nowhere to be seen. He then snatched at his chance at the end when it would have been better to leave it to Thiam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast