+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Once again..

Once again..

Danny Graham goes off and the game changes..

This needs sorting out. I don't think BB is suitable replacement when he gets subbed.

Sorry Saxo I don't see the connection between conceding goals and strikers.
    I know sometimes it's about having an outlet and holding the ball up but don't think that was true today.
    More evidence that we are the only team to fear

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Sorry Saxo I don't see the connection between conceding goals and strikers.
    I know sometimes it's about having an outlet and holding the ball up but don't think that was true today.
    More evidence that we are the only team to fear
    For me it happens to many times to be a coincidence..

I don't know the stats on this, but it'd be interesting to know how many times our position has improved in games following DG being subbed off..?

What a frustrating game! Terrible conditions, but I thought we'd ground it out well.
    I know what you're saying Saxo, and it is necessary to look for patterns, but the two goals didn't seem to be related to Graham's absence.
    The penalty was unnecessary, because there was no danger, and the second goal was just a question of poor defensive positioning.
    What a save that was from Reed too.
    This late goals business seems to have been plaguing us for about five years. It may be that we only remember them in our own case, but I bet there are statistics somewhere to highlight the pattern if it exists.
    Anyone know?

Again not seen any of the match, but for me there is a tendency to look at this maybe from one side only.
    As said, its a dynamic game and things 'change' due to a multitude of factors. Cause and effect/actions and consequences.
    The 'behaviour' of the opponent will be affected by the methods employed by ourselves and reciprocated by ourselves in our behaviour.
    When DG is respected by the opponent and with that our potency in offensive nature they would tend to be maybe more cautious. But when he is withdrawn and with that our potency is diminished due to his replacement being considered as a much less of a threat it would be natural for our opponent to become more confident in upping the offensive side of their game.
    This then would ask our defensive unit to up their own game in response.
    For me there is a no coincidence in someone ie DG departing the field and subsequent 'failings' occurring.
    That does not mean that it's a mistake to be withdrawing him, it's simply a case of the changing dynamics of the contest.
    Makes it far more 'interesting' albeit not a little frustrating when on the 'receiving end'.
    Unlike the Prem., where almost every one on the bench is a mega multi million pound 'star' for our 'elite' clubs.
    Last edited by Despair; 16-12-2018 at 08:18 AM.

I can see where saxo is coming from on this one but yesterday it was defensive frailties AGAIN that let us down
    Mowbray dropping downing was a mistake,sure he isn't a world class defender but at least he is one
    The more I see lenihan the more I realise he isn't one.
    Would we of drawn with downing in the team?who knows but we would of stood a better chance of winning than with lenihan in the team.
    Raya also let the side down,what was he thinking?if we want to progress over the next few season's,silly mistakes must be ironed out
    Yesterday's result was preventable and that's what makes it more frustrating.

A fair result. In no way did we deserve to be 2 up. But an amazing save from Reeds shot prevented a 3rd. Then a stupid pen, and a quick goal meant they suddenly got back in it. We are evenly matched with them, so fair result.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    A fair result. In no way did we deserve to be 2 up. But an amazing save from Reeds shot prevented a 3rd. Then a stupid pen, and a quick goal meant they suddenly got back in it. We are evenly matched with them, so fair result.
    The game stats would suggest you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    The game stats would suggest you are correct.
    We will get 4 points from our next 2 games vrs Norwich & Leeds.
    But I'm not revealing how due to our relative places in the Prediction league

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)