+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

2 points dropped nope not for me 1 point gained and we deserved it for never giving in.
    Truth is we’re always gonna have to play well to get points.
    Today we didn’t first half but second half we just kept going.
    Don’t underestimate the difference in wage budgets of the 2 clubs.
    Players fighting for the shirt that’s all we can ask for.
    On we go to another tough game.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Yeh, Newell would be always in before Forde for me, i thought Forde was tiring towards the end and his dead balls and ability to beat a man suffered, Vaulks took plenty of long uns today, don't know how you missed em, Robertson before Woody every time from now on please Warney.....

All in all i'm happy with our spirit, it's our secret weapon, but they should've been 3.0 up at half time, happy that Warney changed it quickly, good effort in the second half particularly...the ref was shyte.....pheww
    I saw the ones he took but towards the end when we needed the winner he started taking short throws. Even Mick Leng on comms couldn’t understand it.

Thawing out after spending the afternoon in the North Stand. Wrong team selection, formation and tactics for the first half. If it hadn't been for some great work from Rodak we would have been three or four down by half time. Belatedly, Warney went over to 4-4-2 after the break and with Robertson and Proctor on the field we quickly started to dominate the game. Newell also looked good when he came on later. The Reading goal was put under seige - usual good chances ballooned over by Vaulks and Towell, Smithy headed over, etc., but Mattock finally tapped the ball over the goal-line after a Reading defender had handled the ball on the line to stop it going into the net. Don't think that the ref spotted the infringement! We were well worth a point (three probably) on second half performance, but frustrating that the wrong line-up was used to start the match. I thought that the team chosen at the Sty was partly due to players injuries/ illnesses and wasn't expecting to see the same today. We've got to make the most of the players that we've got and not base the team choice on sentiment, or wild over-optimism. A point is better than nowt, but Reading. like the Owls, were there for the taking with the right strategy and better finishing - that's not likely to be the case for WBA!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-12-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Absolutely garbage first half, come on Warney ffs explain why you put that team out, well maybe that’s a bit unfair, why did you put WOOD on before Robertson?

Some laughable decisions by officials yet again.
    Reading have a few cheaters that’s for sure and I hope they go down.Swift had a good game.

Played better in second half but why on earth can’t we put the ball in the net? Points dropped for me, Pocket needs to sit with Warney in interview with his assessment ��

Rodak MOTM

Still stuck on 20th but we won’t be next week.
    Last edited by millertop; 15-12-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Rodak for MOTM from me too, Proctor probably next. Good that Proctor looks fit again. I was a bit worried when he had to go full stretch to try to reach a mis-directed pass to him, but I think no damage was done
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-12-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Absolutely garbage first half, come on Warney ffs explain why you put that team out, well maybe that’s a bit unfair, why did you put WOOD on before Robertson?

Some laughable decisions by officials yet again.
    Reading have a few cheaters that’s for sure and I hope they go down.Swift had a good game.

Played better in second half but why on earth can’t we put the ball in the net? Points dropped for me, Pocket needs to sit with Warney in interview with his assessment 😂

Rodak MOTM
    Good to have you back on millertop.
    Although your wrong 😁

Worst game of football I've seen this season. We started the game the exact opposite of how PW hoped for, and never really got to grips with it.
    I'd like to give Reading some credit but I can't bring myself round to it due to their pathetic diving and time wasting tactics. They had the quality to have killed us off if they really wanted to, and we could have had no complaints about it. But they chose to try and strangle the game instead, taking full advantage of a piss weak referee.

I love Richard Wood to bits, he was immense last season and in the early stages of this season too, but was 3 yards off the pace today and at fault for their goal. Strange choice to start him when the more athletic and just as capable Robertson was available.

All round poor performance though. Can't fault the effort but we were totally devoid of any quality. Yet another chance wasted and the wait for a win goes on.

Yep. Could have been 4 down at half time and not complained. Rodaks fine saves stopped that and kept us in the game. 2 good substitutions at half time for players who were poor ie Wood and williams.Deserved point in the end though as we lay siege to their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Coldest I've ever been at a miller's game. Brrrrr
    You obviously never went to Don Valley in August then 😋

leedsmiller I have said that all along from near enough the start of the season keep us hard to beat keep the team confident (not losing most weeks) keep us in contention staying up than come January.

me Stewart let's go off the purse strings and gets 3 or 4 players in (on loan) regardless of who goes out .

we lack numbers in the squad so teams we play against will near enough know what the team is going to be and the shape. we haven't got the in depth quality to miss it up.

the better end of the loan players wont even consider signing unless we are guaranteed safety from relegation.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast