+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    You obviously never went to Don Valley in August then 😋
    was just about to say colder than don valley

It was inevitable that our recent standards would dip eventually. Sadly, in a ***** game. I agree with most views, 0-3 at half time, but a decent second half performance grabbed a share of the points .
    Anything less than our best in this division, and we struggle badly, but I'll take a point snd run today.

Thought their John Swift had a great match.
    Made the game of football look easy.
    Found space and left some of our players for dead on many occasions.
    Thought Reading were a decent side and very dangerous on the counter attack. Seen many teams who a lot worse than them.
    We helped them though with the wrong team selection as others have said. Warney realised that and fair play changed things a lot earlier than the usual 60 minutes.
    Point gained this time.....wish we had a John Swift though......

We were fortunate not to be at least 2 maybe even 3 down at half time, but that was, for me, because Reading were that much better than us.
    Let's not get on woody's back too much because he is still a great player to have in the squad.
    In the second half, the introduction of Robertson and Proctor made us a little more stable in defence, and a little more potent in attack, and whilst I always thought Reading were still very capable on the break, their breaks were fewer and slightly less potent, so we'll done warnie for spotting that.
    We always look dangerous from set pieces and in the end duly obliged but this will be seen as a way better point for us than it is for them, so well done to first warnie, for recognising what was wrong first half, and secondly to this great group of players we have for absolutely never giving up UTM

26 shots doesn't sound like we had a bad game.

I don’t understand where the worst game of football comment came from.
    Reading looked a very good side to me and have an electric pace counterattack.
    Just because they’re not as good as most in this division doesn’t make them a bad side.

Good point, let’s just stay tight and make ourselves hard to beat, accumulate and see where it takes us.
    The plan is working so far.

We’ve gained a point on Wigan, Wednesday and Brentford again and it now looks like 3 from the current bottom 9 could go down. We’ve got pretty much the lowest expectations of any of them so that could continue to work in our favour - I’ve not been today but I’m guessing Reading will be pretty demoralised not too win especially as they’d expect to be higher in the table - it must be a good ten years since they’ve been in the third tier..? So the mental edge is there if we can make it work for us.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    We’ve gained a point on Wigan, Wednesday and Brentford again and it now looks like 3 from the current bottom 9 could go down. We’ve got pretty much the lowest expectations of any of them so that could continue to work in our favour - I’ve not been today but I’m guessing Reading will be pretty demoralised not too win especially as they’d expect to be higher in the table - it must be a good ten years since they’ve been in the third tier..? So the mental edge is there if we can make it work for us.
    Yes, the bottom 6 still only have one win between them in their last 5 games and that was Ipswich today so no harm done. If WBA offer us a point next Saturday I'd take it now but knowing us we'll probably hammer them, it's about time we did someone so why not them? Maybe Santa will grant us a Christmas wish and let all our half chances go in for once!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Yes, the bottom 6 still only have one win between them in their last 5 games and that was Ipswich today so no harm done. If WBA offer us a point next Saturday I'd take it now but knowing us we'll probably hammer them, it's about time we did someone so why not them? Maybe Santa will grant us a Christmas wish and let all our half chances go in for once!
    The good , and slightly unexpected, news for the 2018/19 season so far is that we are creating a lot of goalscoring chances at this level, even against the top teams... the bad news is that we are missing most of those chances...if we can put that right, even by improving a few percent, who knows?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-12-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    CAM, us to hammer WBA next Saturday?

Have you been on those opioids you’ve been posting about? 😄

We will probably suffer our highest defeat of the season to WBA if we turn out like we did in the first half today.

Surely Warne must start with the second half team he used today, if only to give stability at the back and something for WBA to think about with Proctor partnering Smith up front.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast