+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Couldn't make it today and interesting comments from you all. I have to admit I did have a rant when I saw the line ups, I thought it looked negative when we ought to be taking the game to them. Swift usually has a good game against us, he's definitely one who got away, dropped into Millers obscurity by Fat Boy after one bad game when he was just learning the trade.

If Warney keeps them off the Guinness this week I think we will see a better performance against Brum

Reading imo have some good players and pace but they were rubbish, only thing that they did was fool the officials. Maybe a manager that can get them to stand up and play football then they would be up the league.
    We have the players and should 100% have won that game, we didn’t start with the right ones, we don’t know how to put the ball past the keeper, sort it out and we will be flying.
    Looks me I’ve said before, Wood is ok if needed for cover ( fetch our players back then he shouldn’t be needed) he needs to get on the coaching side now
    Last edited by millertop; 16-12-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Give over....Reading weren,t rubbish.
    They ripped us open many times in the first half.
    Slick one touch passing and movement.
    Should have been 0-3 or four up.
    Hit the post.
    They looked a side that were highly motivated particularly n the first half and scented a killing.

Trouble is you cannot teach players how to score goals,all you can do is set up the chances and hope that players can convert,like yesterday first half we hardly created anything,but second half was full of chances and the goal came from an unlikely source in Mattock.Playing one up front does two things it cuts down your chances of scoring and secondly gives the opposition an easy ride,it might be decent tactics in away games but never at home,I'm not the manager but it was obvious to most supporters yesterday that we needed Proctor on and what a difference he made along with Newell who replaced the ineffective Taylor,so we'll done Warne for changing it,but can't help feeling that was the team we should have started with.Reading came to give it a right to and we could not cope with their pace and overlapping players who could get forward with ease because they had no one to mark,but a good point in the end.

Warne really got it wrong today with the team selection, playing Taylor, Williams, Forde together,
    the team should have started with 2 upfront with Smith & Proctor.
    The ref had his first ever championship game in this match, it showed he was poor, I took notice that
    he had his back to the ball when their keeper took a goal kick so not watching the game, to far out
    of his depth.

If we had started 442 yesterday it would have been 5 down by half time. Thing I didn't like was starting 11. We had stronger players on the bench than we started with and like many have said on here. We need to be on it for 90 minutes to get a result..

Reading will not go down this season. They have 7/8 first team players out and have for most of the season at various times..
    The lad at CB was only 18 they had wingers playing FB as one poster on the reading forum said
    "Let's be honest. If we had a full squad to choose from only 4 of theses would get in todays side".

Thought their goal might have been offside Woody thought it was

Looked offside to me but I sit in WS3 at the other end of the ground.
    Anyway offside or not Woody’s been playing football long enough to know not to stop and to play to the whistle!

Reading have won only 4 games, good team? No better than us but If we had the right team out from start and put them away we would have 3 points.
    Warney should know his best players now and needs to push on.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast