+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

I thought we deserved a point based on 2nd half.

We need to start playing without the ball. How many times do our players just stand and watch when one of their teammates has the ball? Nearly every game if there is a bit of a deflection it always falls to the opposition. I think other teams have better anticipation.

I also think we are the worst team at conning the ref whether it's the fouls we commit (we are much more obvious even if there's not a lot in the foul) or when we are being fouled. Maybe that's why the refs always seem to be against us.

Regarding Swift, yes he played well but Reading are 4th from bottom and have supposedly better players than us. He can't be pulling that many trees up. I'm not sure if he would improve us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I thought we deserved a point based on 2nd half.

We need to start playing without the ball. How many times do our players just stand and watch when one of their teammates has the ball? Nearly every game if there is a bit of a deflection it always falls to the opposition. I think other teams have better anticipation.

I also think we are the worst team at conning the ref whether it's the fouls we commit (we are much more obvious even if there's not a lot in the foul) or when we are being fouled. Maybe that's why the refs always seem to be against us.

Regarding Swift, yes he played well but Reading are 4th from bottom and have supposedly better players than us. He can't be pulling that many trees up. I'm not sure if he would improve us.
    I think that Swift was brought back into the team yesterday from a spell ont bench.

The referee yesterday was unbelievable. I was delighted when he booked their player for simulation the first time but he kept on doing it throughout the game.
    Mind you so does Willow. He is happy to throw himself down at any chance whenever he thinks that he can win a free kick. It's not working out for him at the moment and his speed to getting back to his feet is quicker than when he falls over when he doesn't get a free kick.

Classic game of 2 halves. We turned up after HT. Credit to Warne for recognising he had set up wrong for the first half.

If we are to continue with starting 4-4-1-1 then for me Williams isn't that 1. Can't see why Manning is not being used there.

Defence as has been said was not good first half. Maybe Warne thought Robertson wasn't fit enough for 90 minutes?

Reading looked a decent team, and when they get there squad fit, and with a new manager, they'll be up around half way I would think. Swift was playing some great triangles with Baldock and the other midfielder. Difference is - Swift cost £2m and probably gets 12-15k a week.

Anyway, another point, which looked hopeless at HT. Mattock or Rodak MoM for me.

There’s no hope in football if papers (reporters) rates that Ref with an 8 , were they even at the game?

I was gobsmacked when their player threw himself on the ground without anyone touching him and he got a free kick, the Lino aswell was stood there who must have seen it

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    There’s no hope in football if papers (reporters) rates that Ref with an 8 , were they even at the game?

I was gobsmacked when their player threw himself on the ground without anyone touching him and he got a free kick, the Lino aswell was stood there who must have seen it
    I have refereed before so I know how hard it can be, but this guy was so biased in his interpretation of fouls that I honestly believed he was trying to show he wasn't a homer. Poor Smithy up front was getting assaulted by at least 2 of their players every time the ball was knocked up to him, but as soon as he put a hand on them this idiot of a referee was giving them the softest of fouls, and they carried on clearing the ball and falling down because they knew he would give it to them.
    Someone said this was his first championship game and if that's true he needs to watch the match back, ive been on their website and no one has complained about the ref so that for me says it all........sorry rant over but he really was f*****g s***e

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Thought their goal might have been offside Woody thought it was
    Doesn't look offside on the highlights as Vyner is playing him on.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Doesn't look offside on the highlights as Vyner is playing him on.
    Thought at the time ajayi was playing him on

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Thought at the time ajayi was playing him on
    I think they both were, Vyner slightly more than Ajayi. From Wood's reaction it looks like he was expecting them to be level with him.

We huffed & puffed but we did not blow the house down.I think Reading with the right manager will be safe,us,still not convinced.If we do not get our mojo back next W/e we could get a good hiding.

To get the best out of Ryan Williams is to play him wide.He has caused many problems down there and that's where I would play him against WBA.Had we started with Robertson I think we would have beaten Reading.He is such a good player and comfortable on the ball.Him and Semi look really good.In January I hope we are bringing in a right back,a poacher to play alongside the excellent Smith and an attacking midfielder.Come on Tony,Warney has come up with two diamonds in Robertson and Smith, give him the support and we can do it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast