+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Reading Post Match Thoughts

A proverbial six pointer where we'll be the happiest team to come away with just one. Overcome by the weight of expectations, wrong team/tactics or just out of sorts? Better fix it by next Saturday as we'll be up against probably the best team in the league.

Thoughts?

We said at half time willow and wood were having nightmares and Warney acted quickly.

Coldest I've ever been at a miller's game. Brrrrr

Last weekend we were hearing how poor Reading were. That’s another poor team we have failed to beat. Relegation beckons I’m afraid.

I'd like to think there's a master plan at work here i.e. play it tight, stay in contention until New Year, then, if we're not adrift, as we were 2 years ago, invest in key areas and look to climb the table in the second half of the season.
    Or maybe not.
    I suspect I'm looking for a strategy to fit our performances rather than us performing to a strategy. The key issue is we don't set up to win any games from the outset. Somebody needs to explain to the manager it takes 3 drawn games to get 3 points but only one to get 3 points with a win.

I dont like moaning about the Millers but I have a few questions.
    Why is Forde playing before Newell? Newell is perhaps the best taker of free kicks and corners? He can be a match winner.
    Why is Vaulks rarely taking long throws recently?
    Why didnt Robertson start?
    Not the best performance today, particularly first half. Relieved we have a point. Tough game again next week. UTM!!

Crookadile gee o'er. Tha sounds like tha should be on Radio suicide toneet. The samaritans in Sheffield are working overtime with all the Blades and owls fans on there.

Yes it was a 6 pointer and we shared the points. Before owt else I have to say it looked like the team were still suffering from a Dublin hangover in the first half. Credit to Reading they came at us from the off and if it had been 0-4 at halftime to them, I wouldn't have moaned about it. They had enough chances to put the game to bed and out of sight but fluffed their easy chances, thank god.

For me it was the same old boring tactics from Warne in the first half with his 4-4-1-1 and they were ready for us. Like I say, I was amazed it was only 0-1 at half time.

Credit to Warne for being brave and subbing both Wood and Williams at half time as both were ineffective.
    Now with 2 up front we changed the game and we too could have scored enough to win but WE didn't rise to the occasion.

It was a draw so not a loss but, we badly needed these 3 points today.

Please Mr Warne, play a 4-4-2 next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Please Mr Warne, play a 4-4-2 next week.
    Don't know about that but definitely should have started with 4-4-2 against Reading, a team two places lower before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    I dont like moaning about the Millers but I have a few questions.
    Why is Forde playing before Newell? Newell is perhaps the best taker of free kicks and corners? He can be a match winner.
    Why is Vaulks rarely taking long throws recently?
    Why didnt Robertson start?
    Not the best performance today, particularly first half. Relieved we have a point. Tough game again next week. UTM!!
    Yeh, Newell would be always in before Forde for me, i thought Forde was tiring towards the end and his dead balls and ability to beat a man suffered, Vaulks took plenty of long uns today, don't know how you missed em, Robertson before Woody every time from now on please Warney.....

All in all i'm happy with our spirit, it's our secret weapon, but they should've been 3.0 up at half time, happy that Warney changed it quickly, good effort in the second half particularly...the ref was shyte.....pheww

If we'd had Swift would we have won?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast