+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I Think I will be glad when this season is over...

I Think I will be glad when this season is over...

Yes Unlucky today, Not to hang on to a workmanlike point!!
    But, it is crap to watch!!,....Two 90th minute subs, brought on WTF!!
    Whatever happens, This season needs forgetting , and our Chairman being taken outside, and publicly flogged !!

what's sad for me is.....because we've so far failed to improve elsewhere on the field - today we attempted to copy previous seasons effective reliance on defend it, save it and (hope to) nick it....so as much as they didn't wipe the floor with us (perhaps helped by their schedule ?) - and as close as we came to taking a point - we had to resort to old and worn tacticts to make it happen....so much for us moving forward - and unfortunate as that is - I respected the honesty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

what's sad for me is.....because we've so far failed to improve elsewhere on the field - today we attempted to copy previous seasons effective reliance on defend it, save it and (hope to) nick it....so as much as they didn't wipe the floor with us (perhaps helped by their schedule ?) - and as close as we came to taking a point - we had to resort to old and worn tacticts to make it happen....so much for us moving forward - and unfortunate as that is - I respected the honesty of it.

There is a difference Norder.Previously we actually offered a threat and sometimes even passed the ball out of our own half.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    There is a difference Norder.Previously we actually offered a threat and sometimes even passed the ball out of our own half.
    True.....that was missing - buda....hence the "attempted"

The sole objective for this season must now be to stay in the Premier League by whatever means possible. If that means back to basics that's what me must do and let's stop pretending we are Barcelona?

Come in Bt it’s dire isn’t it ?
    Don’t expect us to be giving teams the run around but compete yes.
    I still believe that most of what you said is Dyche philosophy and shape , there are decent footballers among our team just not enough of them.
    Reality is I suppose and I and you will have played in these games is try and beat what’s in front of you sometimes you know they are better than you but is there a way to win
    My thoughts are that if you drum it in to players for so long this is the shape this the way we are going to play eventually they always play that way against anyone.

We have stopped shipping goals. Next objective must be to win our remaining home games. 3-5-2 anyone?

Probably be playing us again next season

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Probably be playing us again next season
    Why? Are the Rams coming up?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)