+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest!

Can see us getting at least 5 with Marriott hat-trick!

We won't concede tomorrow, whether we win by one or five I'n not bothered

I was a Pride Park on friday and the flags were being put out on every seat, pretty stirring stuff seeing all those flags waiting for eager fans, even with the stadium empty

I was talking with a 'neutral' last night who got the defence issue just about right 'You've got a good defence but you don't look like you have'. We have let in less than all but 3 in the league so It'll do for me, for now

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Can see us getting at least 5 with Marriott hat-trick!
    Hope your football prophecies are better than your political ones .
    A Marriott hat trick...how good would that be?

If Marriott gets a hat trick then Christmas is cancelled in my house.
    It wouldn’t get any better

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633 View Post
    If Marriott gets a hat trick then Christmas is cancelled in my house.
    It wouldn’t get any better
    Merry Christmas then....

Ref had a poor game, stone wall penno prevented us from collecting 3 points!
    A few months ago I didn't think we needed to buy in the January window but have now changed my mind. We have a decent squad but need to offload and bring in a quality midfielder. Bryson has been one of my favourite players over the years but I can see he only has legs for 45 minutes.

A few months ago I didn't think we needed to buy in the January window but have now changed my mind. We have a decent squad but need to offload and bring in a quality midfielder. Bryson has been one of my favourite players over the years but I can see he only has legs for 45 minutes.
    Well MOP your opinion as as far off as your predictions.
    Penalty? Maybe/maybe not. Had he not gone down like he'd been tasered, he'd have stood a better chance of getting it.

Stonewall? Try the the 2 straight reds that went unpunished. Both could have resulted in hospital cases.
    All the talk about Colback dishing it out, didn't even come close to the your efforts at times.
    To say it robbed you of 3 points, is a massive over statement.
    First 30 minutes were yours. The rest belonged to us. The longer the game went on, I could see us winning it.
    A point gained for you, not 2 dropped.

Agreed MoP...referee was dreadful. Never seen any one miss a kick to the heart before...just unbelievable. Might well have changed the course of the match but to be fair Forest might equally argue that we could have had two players red carded so I suppose it was about the right result.
    Thought Bryson started well but after his stupid, unprofessional and completely avoidable booking - after just 20 mins -he might as well have not been on the pitch. That too is having a knock on effect on Mount imo. He too contributed virtually nothing last night. He’s talented but so lightweight. Needs a ‘minder’ and someone to provide some on pitch guidance at the moment...Bryson can’t do that because after twenty minutes he’s either booked, injured or knackered.
    Imo, Bryson only has a role as a last twenty/thirty minute sub at this level and if we don’t strengthen midfield in the window then this season will just end in more frustration.
    Our best and brightest players last night? Carson, Keogh and Marriott...not much else unfortunately but if we’d had an Osborn and perhaps a Colback we’d have won. So obvious what this side is missing.

Draw was a fair result and would have been harsh for either side to lose.

Lolley, Grabban and Osborne all good players and would be an enhancement to anybsquad in division.

Darikwa and Hefele were poor and we should have played 10 yards higher up to punish them.

The game seem to pass Mount and Bryson by and agree the latter looked tired and off the pace.

Carson's handling and positioning were good and bright moments from Marriott (Best two crosses of the game) and Wilson.

Make no mistake Forest are a different proposition this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agreed MoP...referee was dreadful. Never seen any one miss a kick to the heart before...just unbelievable. Might well have changed the course of the match but to be fair Forest might equally argue that we could have had two players red carded so I suppose it was about the right result.
    Thought Bryson started well but after his stupid, unprofessional and completely avoidable booking - after just 20 mins -he might as well have not been on the pitch. That too is having a knock on effect on Mount imo. He too contributed virtually nothing last night. He’s talented but so lightweight. Needs a ‘minder’ and someone to provide some on pitch guidance at the moment...Bryson can’t do that because after twenty minutes he’s either booked, injured or knackered.
    Imo, Bryson only has a role as a last twenty/thirty minute sub at this level and if we don’t strengthen midfield in the window then this season will just end in more frustration.
    Our best and brightest players last night? Carson, Keogh and Marriott...not much else unfortunately but if we’d had an Osborn and perhaps a Colback we’d have won. So obvious what this side is missing.
    I though Bryson got carried away with occasion, burned himself out too quick

MOM - Carson. That second half save was fantastic from my angle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)