+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings

Match Ratings

Don't normally start these, so here's a debut...

Fitz 7 - Couldn't do anything about the goals, but was calm and composed with decent distribution. I can't help thinking if he'd not had his early season loss of form, where we'd be now (not blaming him of course).

Hewitt 6 - Didn't do a lot wrong and certainly one of his better performances at RB.

Jones 5 - Ok going forwards, but if he backs off any more he'd be sat at the back of the Kop. He has to start learning when to back off and when to challenge, but at his age...

Turkey 7 - I like Turkey. Solid, no nonsense.

Ward 7 - Has a touch of class and looked composed. Not sure without seeing a reply whether it was him or Turkey at fault for the 2nd.

Thomas 7 - I think he's improving every game. After showing occasional glimpses of his quality earlier in the season, he seems to be backing it up with some work ethic.

Vaughan 6.5 - Best I've seen from him this season, although that says little. Hopefully he's in the ascendancy and we'll start seeing what our we hoped for.

Davies 7.5 - Out of position, but played superbly IMO. Broke up play nicely and looked composed in possession.

Milsom 6.5 - Out in a good shift, and his battling made the first goal. I still think he's too eager to play the safe ball (backwards or sideways).

Hemmings 7.5 - Looked really sharp and not afraid to travel with the ball. Great work for the first goal and tidy finish for the second. He's been missed.

Stead 7 - The usual battling performance from Steady. Involved in most things in the final third and god knows we miss him when he's unavailable.

Subs
    Dennis 6 - Clever play at the end to see the game out and unlucky not to score with his first touch.

Evina 5.5 - Don't remember him really being involved.

Overall a good display where we saw our attacking capabilities get the better of our defensive frailties. Long may it continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post

Fitz 7 - Couldn't do anything about the goals, but was calm and composed with decent distribution. I can't help thinking if he'd not had his early season loss of form, where we'd be now (not blaming him of course).

Hewitt 6 - Didn't do a lot wrong and certainly one of his better performances at RB.

Jones 5 - Ok going forwards, but if he backs off any more he'd be sat at the back of the Kop. He has to start learning when to back off and when to challenge, but at his age...

Ward 7 - Has a touch of class and looked composed. Not sure without seeing a reply whether it was him or Turkey at fault for the 2nd.

Thomas 7 - I think he's improving every game. After showing occasional glimpses of his quality earlier in the season, he seems to be backing it up with some work ethic.

Vaughan 6.5 - Best I've seen from him this season, although that says little. Hopefully he's in the ascendancy and we'll start seeing what our we hoped for.

Davies 7.5 - Out of position, but played superbly IMO. Broke up play nicely and looked composed in possession.

Milsom 6.5 - Out in a good shift, and his battling made the first goal. I still think he's too eager to play the safe ball (backwards or sideways).

Hemmings 7.5 - Looked really sharp and not afraid to travel with the ball. Great work for the first goal and tidy finish for the second. He's been missed.

Stead 7 - The usual battling performance from Steady. Involved in most things in the final third and god knows we miss him when he's unavailable.

Subs
    Dennis 6 - Clever play at the end to see the game out and unlucky not to score with his first touch.

Overall a good display where we saw our attacking capabilities get the better of our defensive frailties. Long may it continue!
    Good effort mate but I would have scored Stead higher . " Turkey" , you gotta be fishing.

Subs

Agree for the most part, but I'd have to give Stead an 8 at least. Two goals, one assist, and led the fight from the front for 90 mins and in awful conditions after coming back from an injury. The guy's a beast, and a credit to the club.

I also thought Hewitt was better than normal at RB. I feared the worst when I saw him starting there, but he didn't do much wrong. I was also surprised to see him taking set pieces, but actually he did pretty well there too.

Yesterday just showed what we've been missing in Stead and Hemmings - workrate, grit, determination, and goals. Now we just need to cut out those silly mistakes at the back. Hopefully Ardley will manage to get the best out of Vaughan and Thomas - there are signs that that's happening already.

Great game from Davies in front of the back four. Looked like a totally different player to the one I saw under Chettle.

COYP

I saw the video of the goal and it looks like Turley wasn't where he should have been for the second? Ward usually plays on the left side doesn't he? But Turley was not between Ward and Hewitt for the goal. Ward was the nearest defender but it looks like Turley went walk about and Ward was left to cover a couple of players so a bit of both but mainly Turley I'd say

Stead was at least an 8 today and I give him an extra point for his passion at full time.
    Jones’ confidence is shot. It was almost awkward to watch him at times.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Agree for the most part, but I'd have to give Stead an 8 at least. Two goals, one assist, and led the fight from the front for 90 mins and in awful conditions after coming back from an injury. The guy's a beast, and a credit to the club.

I also thought Hewitt was better than normal at RB. I feared the worst when I saw him starting there, but he didn't do much wrong. I was also surprised to see him taking set pieces, but actually he did pretty well there too.

Yesterday just showed what we've been missing in Stead and Hemmings - workrate, grit, determination, and goals. Now we just need to cut out those silly mistakes at the back. Hopefully Ardley will manage to get the best out of Vaughan and Thomas - there are signs that that's happening already.

Great game from Davies in front of the back four. Looked like a totally different player to the one I saw under Chettle.

COYP
    I thought free kicks were the weakest part of our game yesterday. What was encouraging, though, was scoring goals from open play. Nice build-up for the first goal; good pressing for the second; and good movement in the move to win the penalty.

I was especially pleased for Davies yesterday as he’d had a bit of a nightmare in a previous home game where he was asked to play the defensive midfield role, constantly treating the ball like a hot potato (maybe the Cheltenham match?). Yesterday he won 50-50s and then had the presence to give it to a teammate, which is what we’ve been crying out for.

Bit worried about playing Vaughan and Milsom together, especially away from home. Hopefully Lewis will be back soon and can swap places with Vaughan.

"Hewitt 6 - Didn't do a lot wrong and certainly one of his better performances at RB."

Perhaps NA has guided him into doing what is expected of a right-back, like when to tackle and when to wait for your man to commit. If he could teach the same to Jones we could cut out all them there dangerous crosses.

It's Cox who coaches defensive tactics not Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    It's Cox who coaches defensive tactics not Ardley
    Well done Coxey, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I saw the video of the goal and it looks like Turley wasn't where he should have been for the second? Ward usually plays on the left side doesn't he? But Turley was not between Ward and Hewitt for the goal. Ward was the nearest defender but it looks like Turley went walk about and Ward was left to cover a couple of players so a bit of both but mainly Turley I'd say
    Vaughn was tracking him back ...but then just left him to have a free header. ��

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast