+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That's simply not true, as soon as andreu signed he never again got a chance in the number 10 role or central

That game he was excellent and by all accounts was important for St Mirren last season

Our front four that night in the 4-2-3-1 was

Fraser C.Smith Spittal
    ------------Obadeyi

We were excellent, 18 shots 11 on target, tope as the front man of the four worked very well
    I missed that game and never saw that line up ever again, which baffles me to this day! Even with Andreu in place of Cammy would have been great to see! Its as if someone was telling the manager to fit players into the team just for the sake of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I missed that game and never saw that line up ever again, which baffles me to this day! Even with Andreu in place of Cammy would have been great to see! Its as if someone was telling the manager to fit players into the team just for the sake of it!
    Not sure on C Smith though I did think Ray could have given him more of a run before

We seem to be concentrating on attacking mid.

To me we need every other position too. A decent start though on buys given what is available in January sales

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Not sure on C Smith though I did think Ray could have given him more of a run before

We seem to be concentrating on attacking mid.

To me we need every other position too. A decent start though on buys given what is available in January sales
    Replacing the whole team would be near impossible in the summer window so forget it in January! I expect 4 in before we loose the same number and more from the squad. Also expect a few last minute pay-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Replacing the whole team would be near impossible in the summer window so forget it in January! I expect 4 in before we loose the same number and more from the squad. Also expect a few last minute pay-offs.
    Most pressing I think is Right Back, Goalkeeper and Striker.

However as RN seems another determined to always play 4-2-3-1 not sure if Clark will fit in when fit and that lessens need for striker as he’s only ever playing one up top

A hard character to have respect of players and motivate on pitch always a help but too much to ask for in January!

One thing is that RN seems to know what he is doing and very happy to back him.

Also good to see club getting their business done early

This week ill say...
    Out - Billy king (falkirk)
    In - sow and Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    Curran out and Sow in. Would be extremely happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Curran out and Sow in. Would be extremely happy with that.
    If we could keep the boy fit he would run riot in the championship. Good player.

Cammy smith would be an excellent signing imo and would be a big step up from what we currently have.

looked decent in his natural position until Ray signed Andreu (tbh Andreu was pretty good there and probably abit better than smith)
    was pretty impressive for st mirren last year and if it wasnt for morgan him and reilly would have got more acclaim.
    hopefully he will give us that bit of creativity and energy that we've missed recently.

if we could get Sow signed aswell that would be a real coup as he was a standout for hearts not just in the championship but in the premiership aswell.

hope we have some signing news by dunfermline game as we need a spark to get our season going again.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    This week ill say...
    Out - Billy king (falkirk)
    In - sow and Smith.
    If King goes to Falkirk we will eventually see him pass to a United player

Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)