+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

I think so Terry.

Glad to see some movement out with better replacements!

Maybe just my willingness for everyone to get a chance, but i initially thought Rakovan was the better of the 2 keepers. However, normal service was resumed and the cracks started to show and thankfully we had someone meantime.

Although i do like Siegrist, i expect the new lad will soon be no1!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Glad to see some movement out with better replacements!

Maybe just my willingness for everyone to get a chance, but i initially thought Rakovan was the better of the 2 keepers. However, normal service was resumed and the cracks started to show and thankfully we had someone meantime.

Although i do like Siegrist, i expect the new lad will soon be no1!
    Don't think Siegrist is much kop - Reasonably good shot stopper, poor at crosses, not great at marshalling a defence, poor at organising walls and dodgy distribution. New guy hopefully an upgrade on them both, or at least until the gymnast comes back.

This got mentioned by someone I was talking with on Saturday (the same person? ). Why do folk think Mehmet did some sort of back-flip to injure himself?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    This got mentioned by someone I was talking with on Saturday (the same person? ). Why do folk think Mehmet did some sort of back-flip to injure himself?
    Well we were at the gemme (in the GF upper at the opposite end cos we couldnt get our usual seats in the Eddy) and, when we scored, it looked as though the boy had done himself an injury celebrating - Then the rumour went round he had tried a backfilp. Think I saw footage later that he hadn't TBH. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story tho' eh?

He jumped up and injured himself when he landed. I think he rolled forward to prevent further injury when it happened so it looked like he did something daft.

laidlaw is definitely an upgrade from rakovan who looked like he should have been a decent keeper but really wasnt. laidlaw from what i know is solid enough and will push benji for number 1. makes me wonder whatll happen with deniz?

i actually dont mind benji. barring his howler at alloa he's been steady enough and the defence looks alot more comfortable with him than they did with rakovan. hes kept us in plenty of games with some crucial saves so i dont get where the hate has came from with him? hes no hamish but compared to some of the other clowns weve had in recent years hes decent enough imo.

I totally agree about Seigrist. I think he's been very decent for us and a big improvement on what we've had recently.

Quote Originally Posted by marradonna View Post
    Don't think Siegrist is much kop - Reasonably good shot stopper, poor at crosses, not great at marshalling a defence, poor at organising walls and dodgy distribution. New guy hopefully an upgrade on them both, or at least until the gymnast comes back.
    this is my thoughts too

I also don't mind Siegrist. I know he isnt perfect and distribution is criticised, but occasionally he has made a decisive long pass to create opportunities. Rakovan I feel sorry for. Didn't work out and obviously confidence dropped hugely. Good to have genuine competition for places here now.

Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)