+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

kinda hoping for new faces for Saturday to be honest

for info, the love child has just been released from MK Dons 1 day ago...

I think we are all hoping for new faces on Sat, I don't think PT will be a pushover; no team seems to be except us. If Neilson is in the firm belief that the squad in parts is not good enough, then I am assuming he wont play them, but with no obvious replacements. Who does he play or put on the bench. Any replacements will take time to settle. As I have said in another thread I think PT have done good business in getting Harkins, again love him or hate him, he is proven at this level.

Are players like Nesbitt, Raith Winger, reputedly on the radar, proven, not so sure. As somebody has also said, I would take a punt on Scougall. But we do need pace up front, that is for sure. For me King and Aird (despite his delivery) just don't do it.

my worry is if theres no new faces on Saturday what reaction will we get from the players after RN has just went through them publicly?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    my worry is if theres no new faces on Saturday what reaction will we get from the players after RN has just went through them publicly?
    This. The way he spoke post Saturday, I was kinda assuming there were guys lined up to arrive New Years Day. I hope RN doesn't regret some of the things he said on Saturday, even though what he did say was 100% on the money.

My sentiments exactly, why would you play your best (except to get a deal elsewhere), if you have effectively been told you are a Fud? I wouldn't play them, personally even if it meant young boys on, assuming no immediate replacements. Notwithstanding the points risk, it may just lay bare the size of the task to the new owners, albeit I think they will have had some insight.

Does anyone no the whereabouts of Wato!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I totally agree with this, not looking forward to Saturday as it stands.

Aiden Nesbitt training at St Andrews today.

Really thought we would have signed someone yesterday if targets were already identified. Falkirk seem to have their house in order and will im sure sign others.

Harkins had had maybe two half decent games against us for multiple different teams going back years, the rest he had been anonymous and usually on the losing side, really not concerned about him playing, never have been

Thistles away record is 1 draw the rest defeats, I'm looking forward to it and expecting a response

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    I think we are all hoping for new faces on Sat, I don't think PT will be a pushover; no team seems to be except us. If Neilson is in the firm belief that the squad in parts is not good enough, then I am assuming he wont play them, but with no obvious replacements. Who does he play or put on the bench. Any replacements will take time to settle. As I have said in another thread I think PT have done good business in getting Harkins, again love him or hate him, he is proven at this level.

Are players like Nesbitt, Raith Winger, reputedly on the radar, proven, not so sure. As somebody has also said, I would take a punt on Scougall. But we do need pace up front, that is for sure. For me King and Aird (despite his delivery) just don't do it.
    Aird number of assists is exceptional so has to put him in higher bracket than King.

Agree we need some proven performers at this stage. Most likely best will be cast offs from top spl sides I guess like a Ralston type

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)