+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    Curran getting offloaded for free as you cannot afford him and your getting Moussa .. Enjoy
    You'll not be laughing when the Moose gets you in the play-offs....

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Yes Chick but unless you're Dynamo Magician Impossible you can't just spirit away those you don't want. It wouldn't happen in your workplace now, would it?
    If you can guarantee that cant happen then you are a better man than any of my managers! And it looks like some ground work has been done already if Curran is oot!

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Discard five and bring in five, it's not a game of phukn rummy. I fear for the January window, it usually ends up in a mess & that applies to all clubs, e.g. it seems every prem club is looking for a goalscorer that the fans are demanding but the supply isn't there & they'll end up with duffers.
    The sad thing is, it appears to me that someone in the past was playing a game and got us in this mess! I really hope that the oft talked about "Backing the Manager" actually rears its head this time and we get some decent targets in, and i dont mean the Moose!

curran getting offloaded for free as you cannot afford him and your getting moussa .. Enjoy

45yywfa

xd

Curran getting offloaded for free as you cannot afford him and your getting Moussa .. Enjoy
    Happy with the first bit but nowt to do with affording him - but the 2nd bit makes me shudder

In a nutshell the squad of players we have are not good enough to win the play offs ( never mind the league title ).

Another problem is the January window is usually clubs trying to move on their players who are under performing ( but last season we did get Ralston on loan from the 'Tic ).

If we can't move on players in January ( to free up wages ) we might struggle to recruit the number of quality players required to get out of this mess - in which case, I think we will be playing Arbroath and Dundee in the Championship.

Can't afford Curran

Someone on here recently said he's on £30k a year.

I'd say it's likely his wage is more comparable with the peh shop staff.

So, just to get this straight, The Funsters are going to give us money for a boy that's barely started a game for us in the Championship. Phuck me I was away to say I'll drive him there, but I'm happy to walk him up the road to make sure he doesn't get 'accidentally' lost on the way.

We've all been saying for ages that we'd struggle offloading in the window as nae team in their right mind would buy any of oor pish. But, hade on and hold yer horses, here come the Funsters!

Curran going over the road is a good deal for us, hes on a 3 year deal and although i like his work rate and the way he puts himself about, he's no very good to tell the truth, and thats at oor level Never mind playing yer tims etc

McIntyre taking this dud off our hands 2 and half years early is right up there with his goal vs Hibs in Scottish Cup semi and winner at Dens. Hall of fame material.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Can't afford Curran

Someone on here recently said he's on £30k a year.

I'd say it's likely his wage is more comparable with the peh shop staff.
    Did Curren and his agent no negotiate and get a 3 year deal for slightly more money overall rather than a 2 year deal that abody else seem to be getting in the Summer.

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)