+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

Quote Originally Posted by skarne1 View Post
    If King goes to Falkirk we will eventually see him pass to a United player
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I'm surprised that there was no announcement regarding Cammy Smith yesterday if it was apparently so imminent on Friday until the transfer fee issue arose. According to reports it was generally agreed subsequently but still as I write no confirmation. Deal collapsing maybe? And what's happened to the Jimmy Gomis rumours?

Gomis was definitely at our last two home games, perhaps Robbie is still deciding what to do?

Curran was a start but I suspect that we need more out before others come in. Gomis is out of contract is he not? Therefore, if wanted why otherwise would we have to wait for the window to open in order to sign him. Additionally it was reported in the paper last night that the new owner is expected to come over for Saturdays game. Maybe no further news then until after face to face Manager/owner talks?????

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Curran was a start but I suspect that we need more out before others come in. Gomis is out of contract is he not? Therefore, if wanted why otherwise would we have to wait for the window to open in order to sign him. Additionally it was reported in the paper last night that the new owner is expected to come over for Saturdays game. Maybe no further news then until after face to face Manager/owner talks?????
    I’d think the owner will want to see a decent show.

On the basis of the last couple of matches he is not going to be too impressed 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’d think the owner will want to see a decent show.

On the basis of the last couple of matches he is not going to be too impressed 🙈
    Would have been more likely if he’d given RN an increased budget.
    At the minute all that’s happened is we’ve got a new chairman.
    One who we don’t know replacing one we didn’t trust.

Just reading an article in Discovery Sports Media in which RN is playing down the signings of Sow and Smith. Now I am of the opinion that they are both better than what we have so either we can't afford them or he is trying to keep things under wraps. He also is talking about Gomis being a possibility. IMO I'd rather have the other two, thoughts?

Starting to get a bit concerned about this window tbh

RN seemed excited about the plans of the new owners, maybe he still is but get the feeling he might be feeling a bit disappointed by it so far

Ok so st mirren moved the goalposts but still tight by now we would have announced C. Smith and our even Gomis

We really need to improve what we have this window as best as we can

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Starting to get a bit concerned about this window tbh

RN seemed excited about the plans of the new owners, maybe he still is but get the feeling he might be feeling a bit disappointed by it so far

Ok so st mirren moved the goalposts but still tight by now we would have announced C. Smith and our even Gomis

We really need to improve what we have this window as best as we can
    Maybe me but his demeanor in interviews recently seems - well less enthusiastic. In fact he looks grumpy as ****

Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)